Clearing the google search

94DCTeg

Reaction score
Hello Members, I was wondering how to clear the google search bar at the top of the droid on the main screen, i have cleared cookies and internet files and when I click on the google bar is there a way to clear that out ??

Thank you

Hello Members, I was wondering how to clear the google search bar at the top of the droid on the main screen, i have cleared cookies and internet files and when I click on the google bar is there a way to clear that out ??

Thank you

Its under setting in Gmail.

Clearing prior search

There IS a button under GMAIL that would indicate it will clear prior searches, but it does NOT. Both google search, and MAPS prior destinations seem to accumulate forever.

from home screen

menu>settings>search>clear search shortcuts.

cleared

MAL, mal mal. Do you know how many people in power DO NOT KNOW THIS? it worked perfectly, and you have removed a big frustration of mine. Thank you mal.

i should have said "clearing map end point" directions.

now i found how to clear the map. i thought that CLEAR DATA would erase the program

glad to help. u know i had the very same problem with the google search i literally just figure it out mins after seeing this thread. but anyway this phone is the sshhhhhiiiii.......

now i found how to clear the map. i thought that CLEAR DATA would erase the program

so how do you clear map searches? hate having a bunch of misspellings in there. tried menu/settings/search/clear search shortcuts, and it didn't clear map searches.

never mind. figured it out. menu/settings/applications/manage applications (filter all)/clear data.

Last edited:
never mind. figured it out. menu/settings/applications/manage applications (filter all)/clear data.

Clearing Maps, ok, anyone have any other ideas? I've tried all these and nothing works, can't clear data because it's greyed out. I'm going crazy:mad:

Back