clearing cache, and battery

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Seen a lot of posts about clearing cache and battery.don't know how to do either but if it will help my phone last longer throughout the day would live to know how! I make it about mid day and battery level says it's fine, then outta nowhere I'm in the red. Also set smart actions to vibrate and turn off days when I'm at work but didn't recognize when in there

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearing Cache is quite easy

1) Power down
2) Boot into Recovery by pressing Power, Vol Up & Down simultaneously
3) Vol Down for Recovery, then Vol Up
4) When the Android appears, press Vol Up & Down simultaneously
5) Vol Down to "Wipe Cache Partition"
6) Press Power
7) When cache is cleared and done, press Power to reboot

To calibrate the battery software in the phone (according to FoxKat)

1) Charge to full with power off
2) Run phone to 15%
3) Recharge to full with power off

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Ok thanks. If I went back to 905 and then got 246 soak, do you think I need to do that, or would that have re set my phone?

jhom

Reaction score
Ok thanks. If I went back to 905 and then got 246 soak, do you think I need to do that, or would that have re set my phone?

Once on 246, you can't go back to 905. Have you created some Smart Actions to help increase battery life? I would use the "Battery Extender" SA for a day or two to see if it helps. Also, turn off background sync when not necessary. You can also disable data which is a major battery suck.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Clearing the cache won't reset your phone and is a good idea to do so when you've installed a new OS.

It's the Factory Reset that'll reset your phone, but back to .246, not .905.