Clear battery stats?

phoenixus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to clear out what has been using the battery in the battery manager?

For some reason, for the past two days, mine has said that social location is using 97% of the battery, cell standby is 1%, and phone idle is 1%.

I know this isn't correct, because GPS is disabled and I turned social location off from inside the app.

It hasn't changed after a reboot or after charging up the phone

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you are rooted, Root Explorer can get you to Data/System where you will see a file 'batterystats.bin'. After charging your phone fully, rename the file and restart. Check again to see if the batterystats has been recreated after restarting.

OP
P

phoenixus

Reaction score
What if I am not rooted?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
I would just rename it batterystats.bin.bak or something like that. In case it works differently on the Bionic v. the Droid, you could rename the file back if it doesn't recreate itself. If you are not rooted, I don't know how you could reset those stats. The Droid Raidzero custom recovery has a battery stats reset option, but that also requires root.

km75

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to clear out what has been using the battery in the battery manager?

For some reason, for the past two days, mine has said that social location is using 97% of the battery, cell standby is 1%, and phone idle is 1%.

I know this isn't correct, because GPS is disabled and I turned social location off from inside the app.

It hasn't changed after a reboot or after charging up the phone

The droid3 has that same app pre-installed on it. I opened once and expeienced the same thing you're talking about. I saw that and was like "oh heck no." Lol. Killed it and never used it again. Once I rooted I froze it using titanium backup. Seemed to me like that app wasn't playing too nice with the phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums