Choose audio out on Moto Droid?

myopiczeal

Reaction score
Hey all - I just got my Moto Droid, and I love this thing. I am having a problem listening to audio in my car, though. I hook in through my car's aux in with a cable to the 3.5mm jack, which works great by itself. But when my Bluetooth headset is on, and sitting next to me in case of an incoming call, the audio automatically goes to the headset. I can't make the phone use the 3.5mm jack for audio without turning the headset off, or turning off Bluetooth on the Droid. My previous phone would send audio to the 3.5mm jack whenever the cable was plugged in, switch to the Bluetooth headset when a call came in, and then back to the 3.5mm jack. I could even use the headset's A2DP controls, while still listening through the cable.

I've been using DoubleTwist for listening, because I can sync my iTunes playlists with it, but this also happens when I use the default Android music player. Am I missing a system setting here, or is there an app that lets me assign audio outs or something? Thanks!

Penguissimo

Reaction score
This annoyed me for a long time, but thankfully there's a solution! First, connect the phone and the headset. Then go to Settings:Wireless and Networks:Bluetooth Settings and long-press on your headset (where it should say "connected to phone and media audio"). Choose "Options", and untick "Media" on the settings screen that comes up.

Note that you may have to redo these steps the first few times you reconnect to the headset, but it should solve your problem!

OP
M

myopiczeal

Reaction score
Ahhh..those tricky partially-hidden settings foil me again. Thanks very much.