Bluetooth for calls ONLY...headphone aux-out for media audio?

Laramie

Reaction score
If I hook up my Droid to my aux-in in my truck, so I can listen to podcasts, mp3s, etc through my speakers.

However, if I turn bluetooth on and pair my headset, all audio is routed through the bluetooth headset even when the aux-in jack is plugged in.

Anyway to separate bluetooth for calls from media audio?

gentlefury

Reaction score
If I hook up my Droid to my aux-in in my truck, so I can listen to podcasts, mp3s, etc through my speakers.

However, if I turn bluetooth on and pair my headset, all audio is routed through the bluetooth headset even when the aux-in jack is plugged in.

Bluetooth headsets are different you need a stereo bluetooth 2.0 headset to listen to music. I listen to music in my car thru bluetooth every day

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score

Bluetooth headsets are different you need a stereo bluetooth 2.0 headset to listen to music. I listen to music in my car thru bluetooth every day

That's the problem, all audio is playing THROUGH my bluetooth headset. I have a cord connected to my headunit in my truck, so when I plug the cord into my headphone jack on my Droid, calls, mp3s, podcasts, video, etc, all audio is played through my truck speakers.

However, if bluetooth is on and paired, then even when the cord is plugged in, audio goes all through the bluetooth. I do not want this.

I was calls to go to the bluetooth headphone, but media audio to continue to be played through the headphone jack when connected.

gentlefury

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its one or the other...you can't have bt audio and headphone audio.

lockman

Reaction score
In your phone, under Bluetooth Settings, does it say BT530 Connected to Phone Audio with a phone logo, or does it say Phone and... with headphones? I can do what you're trying in my van just fine- do it all the time. But if I connect my Motorola Bluetooth headphones, I lose the ability.

If you are getting the headphones for some reason (you shouldn't be), try removing and re-pairing.

mikes

Reaction score
Got into Bluetooth settings, hold on your headset, it should pop up a dialog box - Connect/Unpair/Options. Select Options. Uncheck the "Media - Use for media audio" box.

Now your headset should only be used for phone audio.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Thanks Lockman/Mikes. Ya'll were very helpful!