Check Out This Awesome DIY 3 Screen Project Valerie Laptop!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the most epic pieces of tech to ever grace the CES show room floor was Razer's Project Valerie. This was an over the top 3 screen laptop for those who are PC gaming junkies and need an epic 3 screen setup even when on the go. The only issue with Project Valerie is that it was just a prototype and didn't work fully. The displays where also not foldable. Project Valerie was apparently stolen from the show floor. Who knows when a product like this will make it to market.

If this laptop made drool you can actually hack one of these up for yourself. Zack from "JerryRigEverything" is known for his device durability tests. Normally we see him burning, bending, and scratching flagship phones. In this video he built his very own working Project Valerie 3 screen laptop. The draw for me with this video is that it is half sarcastic/smart alec half getting it done. Zack actually takes this thing to public places and shows us just how much of a jerk you have to be to use something like this on an airplane or bus which is hysterical. He was even nice enough to include some amazon links so you can find the displays that he has used. What do you think is a triple display laptop a viable option for travel?

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Zack is a kook, but I certainly like his channel and enthusiasm. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wanted something like this, I do remote support and use a multiple monitor system. As long as i have internet i can work anywhere. this makes me have a mobile workstation option to go away for times and be able to work. i want one.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wonder how often the screen falls back or forward. I would imagine with all that added weight the hinge on the actual middle screen might have trouble keeping the screens up. I wonder if it's a juggling act seeing as though this was not intended by the original laptop manufacturer

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate this guys videos... usually... this ones pretty cool.

WHAT THE HELL does he do that he can afford to build this though... man.

This also seems like a better idea

no epoxy or glue and could probably use the same screens he used.

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I hate this guys videos... usually... this ones pretty cool.

WHAT THE HELL does he do that he can afford to build this though... man.

This also seems like a better idea

no epoxy or glue and could probably use the same screens he used.

Use those Mounties with the Asus MB168+ USB Monitors and Cleaner and Sleeker. This gives me and idea. lol:D

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I wanted something like this, I do remote support and use a multiple monitor system. As long as i have internet i can work anywhere. this makes me have a mobile workstation option to go away for times and be able to work. i want one.
I dont know if they still make them but at one of the places I used to work at we had Lenovo's that had dual screens although the second screen was pretty small it just slid into the main screen.

w700ds2.jpg

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont know if they still make them but at one of the places I used to work at we had Lenovo's that had dual screens although the second screen was pretty small it just slid into the main screen.

w700ds2.jpg
I've seen those! Always thought that was a good idea.

Also, 1st world problems having laptops with only 1 screen! LOL

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One thing with that video i thought opening up that on the Plane and Blocking the other Peoples View was not cool. I hope his family was next to him. I certainly wouldnt tolerate that. i wouldn't do that. You barely have a enough room for a 17" laptop.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
One thing with that video i thought opening up that on the Plane and Blocking the other Peoples View was not cool. I hope his family was next to him. I certainly wouldnt tolerate that. i wouldn't do that. You barely have a enough room for a 17" laptop.
I certainly hope it was just for the video, I don't think I know anyone that can be that much of a jerk.