Check Out DroidForums' New Look! Site-Style Redesigned!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like the new layout, but the mismatching colors between the DF logo and the rest of the site just looks ugly to me. The blues should switch to red, or the logo should become blue.
That's our fault. When they let the staff preview it, the red in the logo was gray. We told them we wanted red in the logo as an homage to where we've come from. Personally, I don't think it clashes, but that's just me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the new layout, but the mismatching colors between the DF logo and the rest of the site just looks ugly to me. The blues should switch to red, or the logo should become blue.
Is this the blue you mean?
b80ac4593fbaebd9607419fffb8eec32.jpg

The darker blue,I think, goes well but if you mean the lighter I can see your point but to me the green seems the most non blending though that could be done on purpose to make it stand out, sort of like safety vest green t-shirts road construction workers wear so we won't run over them by accident.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Quick tip for color selection. If you want to have your colors match you have to have rhyme and reason. Try a color coordination tool like Adobe Kuler (pronounced "color")... *edit* oops its called Color CC now.

Adobe Color CC

It's a pretty good tool for getting your colors straight.

Select a color rule, and input the starting color like the red in the logo. From there, a coordinated color will appear and you can incorporate from there.

Just my suggestion...

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Is this the blue you mean?
b80ac4593fbaebd9607419fffb8eec32.jpg

The darker blue,I think, goes well but if you mean the lighter I can see your point but to me the green seems the most non blending though that could be done on purpose to make it stand out, sort of like safety vest green t-shirts road construction workers wear so we won't run over them by accident.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

Yeah, that's the blue. I feel like a dark red would look better if the logo is going to stay that color, maybe light greys instead of the blues in the backgrounds or something. The gradient could be a little more subtle too, and maybe in the opposite direction so the lighter part heads toward the white in the name.

Idk it just looks a bit distracting and too much of a focal point to me. I personally like lighter colors and do like the light blues, the maybe in a blue or white?
YsVTmJ2.png

0SQGojl.png

BrwHP25.png

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally like the contrasting colors. It gives us a new aesthetic, while offering up a taste of nostalgia at the same time. Too much blue would simply look washed out and bland. At least, that's my 2.327 cents.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think it's the color of blues and grays. Very hard to distinguish. For example. The Like, agree, disagree bar is very hard to see until you mouse over. The Transparency is too much.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yeah, idk to me it just makes too much of a distraction and pulls you away from the site's content, which is typically not something desired. You want a focal point, but you don't want one that keeps making you look back at it when you move on to the rest of the site.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, idk to me it just makes too much of a distraction and pulls you away from the site's content, which is typically not something desired. You want a focal point, but you don't want one that keeps making you look back at it when you move on to the rest of the site.
While I agree with you & get what you're saying about focal points, I don't have that experience at all when viewing the new style in the browser... Just my take though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

g_what

Reaction score
I feel like it looks too 'generic.' I liked the darker theme. Is there a way to theme the new site?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
IMO, the site is cleaner looking and easy to read..

Reactions: cr6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looking at the latest update, I don't like the thick dark borders between the page segments. It looks too boxy to me.. I also do not care for all the blank space in the right column.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK I'm a huge fan now. This new QUOTING feature might be the single coolest thing I've ever seen on any forum. Ever.

If you click and highlight someone's text in a post, a pop-up comes up allowing you to quote that exact piece o' text.
Very. Effing. Cool.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK I'm a huge fan now. This new QUOTING feature might be the single coolest thing I've ever seen on any forum. Ever.

If you click and highlight someone's text in a post, a pop-up comes up allowing you to quote that exact piece o' text.
Very. Effing. Cool.
It did that before... I've used it quite a few times

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk