Cheap surveillance camera

davishusband

Reaction score
Set up motion detection on computer webcam. Most common webcams have that. SET IT FOR THE SHORTEST CLIPS POSSIBLE and low resolution. Set the output folder to be a Dropbox folder. It's free online, I assume most people use dropbox by now. Make sure you have a Dropbox app on your phone and it shall sync with it. It's free on the market too. Make sure you turn off anything that would reboot your computer or turn it off. Don't "log off" the computer make sure you "switch user" your webcam will still work and if you have a password your part of the computers is protected and no one will know that you are using the webcam. My droid 3 gets a notification anytime something syncs to my dropbox. I thought of this when I went on vacation and wanted to keep an eye on my house. You could probaby use it for a cheating wife or a nosey roommate.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Clever and creative :) Also, I think parents might find this useful monitoring babysitters!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might get a webcam now LOL... plus u can watch what's happening live with apps like PhoneMyPC.... I use that app sometimes to look at files off my pc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I might get a webcam now LOL... plus u can watch what's happening live with apps like PhoneMyPC.... I use that app sometimes to look at files off my pc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yea..I use Phonemypc all the time, good idea!

OP
davishusband

davishusband

Reaction score
I was originally looking at the videos with Zumocast, but I wasn't being notified of new videos. Plus if someone stole my computer I wouldn't know who they were. They move really quick to dropbox. So even if my phone internet isn't working, the few seconds clip is protected in the cloud.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!