Chase "Quick Deposit" App

Shooshi

Reaction score
Yah the tips aren't working for me either. I'm getting pretty mad at this app because I'm getting clear pictures and it still won't take it.

bodean

Reaction score
Yah the tips aren't working for me either. I'm getting pretty mad at this app because I'm getting clear pictures and it still won't take it.

Report this via email, via the Market, to the developer so it gets fixed

xan

Reaction score
After watching this app get used in real life, it sure isn't any where as easy as the advert makes it out to be.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
You are holding the check vertically?
Laying on a flat surface doesn't work for some reason.

Reaction score
some things to try... good uniform light is key. Too much or too little is bad. In low light, the flash will often wash a picture out. Placing a 1000w halogen desk lap on top of the check will do the same. Too dark without a flash causes the camera to blur or have focus issues. Also try different distances. Another reader said they backed off a bit and it worked much better.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The day I finally got it to work the check was on a dark dining room table with those energy saving candle type bulbs. I don't know how else to describe them. Anyway that seemed to be the good backdrop.

Of course it didn't work for me on the first try. But the first message was not because it was blurry so I figured I might be on to something. Second message said it was blurry. Third time it worked, it didn't quite get the routing number but it allowed me to manually put that in there.

Just an FYI if this happens to you the routing number is a 9 digit number that will start with a 0, 1, 2, or a 3.

And yes, it still needs improvement.

tj1772

Reaction score
For me works best with indirect sunlight not to far from a window with dark background. I never use automatic on the camera. I use the indoor mode. And place the camera further away seems to help.

jasnall

Reaction score
I've been having problems with this app on my Droid X forever, even when the pictures are perfectly clear.

As per the advice of another user i stuck a pen/finger about a 1/4 inch onto the check, so it's in the picture. Worked first time I tried it, I have no idea why.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Tried a deposit the other day. Worked first time. Not sure why people have a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX

araudio

Reaction score
Debugging

Unbelievable Verizon is not recognizing this problem. While it's not our job to debug apps that should be working in the first place, especially from a major bank that's handling out money, it's going to be easier to track down the bug if posts are made with as much info as possible. Try copying and using this form if you're having problems and maybe we can figure it out since Chase clearly has no interest:

Droid Model
Motorola Droid

Android Version

Camera Apps installed and Version #
Camera 1
Camera Illusion 1.5.2
FxCamera 0.7.1
Photo Illusion 1.0
Retro Camera 3.5

Problem
Chase app will not focus when taking pictures for deposit. I've tried bright natural light, low light with flash, different colored backgrounds both dark and light. There's no pattern to when I actually get a clear picture of the check, which happens on rare occasion after having taken multiple pictures.

Steps to Recreate
1. Log on to Chase app
2. Select personal account
3. Select "Deposits" from menu
4. For check front select "Take Picture"
5. Lay check face up on dark non-shiney surface
6. Hit camera icon

Result
In every situation, the camera will adjust focus and take a blurry picture. Rarely will I get a clear focused picture. In low light, Chase app will use the flash and again adjust focus and take a blurry picture.

Someone posted that taking the picture horizontally instead of vertically (from the top looking down) had solved the problem. i haven't been able to repeat this.

araudio

Reaction score
Email Chase

As someone posted earlier contact the developer (Chase) with the info I just posted:

- Fill in you own Droid info/experience with the form in the previous post
- Copy
- Log on to your Chase account
- Hit "Send New Message"
- Under "Inquiries" select "Products & Services"
- Then select "Other/Inquiry Not Listed"
- Hit go and select personal or business
- Paste

This whole process will take you no more than 10 minutes and if enough people do it, Chase might wake up.

sushi

Reaction score
araudio, I followed your instructions on sending a message to Chase. Unfortunately, when I get to the last step and press send, I get a 500 error. Unbelievable.
Does anyone know the best way to contact Chase to make realize people are having a problem and they need to fix this?
Thanks.

yoonhjc

Reaction score
No worries guys!
Just press the camera button to take the picture.
IT'LL AUTOMATICALLY FOCUS BEFORE YOU HEAR THE SHUTTER SOUND. :icon_ banana: