Charging ?

rthug

Reaction score
This maxx has a charging problem. I have changed 2 batteries because of this. If I let the phone get to somewhere in the less than 10 percent battery life the phone does not like to charge. Last night I messed up and let it go to 0. When this happens I get the battery picture with a ? Mark in it and it will not charge. I take the back cover off of the phone and for some reason it usually starts charging. I let it get back to 30 or 40 percent put the cover back on and all is well until I mess up and let it get to low again. Anybody else experience any goofy problems like this.
PS... All kinds of chargers. The same thing.

doogald

Reaction score
Don't let it get that low. Charge it every night while you sleep and pull it off the charger when you wake up.If you use it a lot during the day, try to get some charging done while you're not using it - while you drive home from work; when you sit at your desk, if you have a desk job; etc. It's bad for batteries to drain them frequently, and much better to have a lot of small charges (charge every time to reaches 50%) than it is to have a fewer number of large charges.

See How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

(Look at the first table - the number of charge cycles for each depth of discharge.)