Charging! !

Brad91

Reaction score
How long does it take to charge your RAZR maxx? Just wondering other peoples experience ..seems to rake forever for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mattman5000

Reaction score
Mine seems to take 2 to 3 hours. I usually charge mine at night when I go to sleep, so I don't know exactly. Definitely take a long time to charge that big battery!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
And always make sure you are using the cable that came with your phone, and not some third party.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just curious why?

Well I had a battery failure and I was using a different kind of charger. Maybe it had nothing to do with that but I for one am not taking any chances.

jjcope

Reaction score
Usb extension cable

is it safe to use a usb extension cable with the charger?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
is it safe to use a usb extension cable with the charger?

If I remember correctly from that question being asked before no it is not. I think the only safe thing to use is the factory charging cable just how it is.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How long does it take to charge your RAZR maxx? Just wondering other peoples experience ..seems to rake forever for me.

The battery is roughly twice the size of most smartphone batteries, so you should count on it taking almost twice as long to charge (although in my experience I'd say it takes around 1.5 times longer). It takes more time to fill up the gas tank on a Hummer than it does on a Prius simply because the Hummer has a much larger tank. It's the same with the RAZR MAXX. It has a much larger tank to fill than other phones.

And always make sure you are using the cable that came with your phone, and not some third party.

Just curious why?

Some people say this is necessary, most don't. Typically, and in my experience, unless there's a particular feature or difference in voltage for the phone, cable, or port (like the mutated microUSB ports HTC uses), any microUSB cable will work just fine (especially other cables that came include with portable electronic devices). When I travel, I don't like to carry cords for every single thing since I'm not likely to need to charge everything at the same time. I just carry one or two and use them interchangeably. I've been doing this for years and all is well. I've also used a USB extension cable on many occasions (although not often) without incident.

R

RETG

If I remember correctly from that question being asked before no it is not. I think the only safe thing to use is the factory charging cable just how it is.

Please some factual information!

Any good cable should be as good as that suppied by Moto. I would agree that some of the $1.99 cables sold at the local service station are not up to spec and will probably get a wire broken the first time you bend it, but a cable, manufactured by a reliable company, is just as good as the Moto cable. I don't believe I even know where my Moto cable is for my Droid X, and have never had a battery problem. And I use my Nook charger quite a few times when traveling.

Other thing to consider is the charging source. Not all laptops supply the required amperage to a device, thus they might take longer to fully charge a device vs. a plug in AC type charger.

mbell75

Reaction score
A micro USB cable is a micro USB cable. There are no special parts in it. I would use the plug that came with it though. First time I charged my Maxx last night and it took like 6 hours.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A micro USB cable is a micro USB cable. There are no special parts in it. I would use the plug that came with it though. First time I charged my Maxx last night and it took like 6 hours.

I will agree to an extent, however there are differences form one cable to another, such as in whether it is shielded our not (if not, it can allow RF interference to make it's way into the phone through the conductors which act like an antenna if not properly shielded), whether the pairs of conductors are twisted or not (which can allow cross talk of data), whether the proper conductors are connected to the proper pins on the connectors (least likely an issue).

The non-Motorola cables, if used for nothing more than charging, and with the stock charger, should perform as expected. I would tend to feel the opposite way if used for data transmission.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.