Charging with the normal USB-C cable and iPhone Charger?

Nyla_D

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus 7
Hey. I misplaced the DASH Charger ( 5 volt, 4 amps) for OnePlus 7 in my home country and I can't get a new one since none of the Oneplus products and accessories are being sold where I moved in. Luckily, I have the DASH charging cable which is the only thing needed for the Dash Charging to work.

I read somewhere that the tiny circuitry at the end of the DASH charging cable will always try to draw 4 amps even if I use let's say a charger brick of only 1 amp output. I don't know about the safety circuitry OnePlus has put into OnePlus 7 and the DASH charging cables to avoid this. I have a 5 volt 1 amp iPhone charger lying around to use with the DASH Charging cable,

1. Will it be potentially damaging the phone's battery over time due to using incompatible hardware for charging?

2. Also, Will it be a potential fire hazard from the charger which is subjected to draw more amps than it should due to DASH Charging cable?
Thank You

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello and welcome to the forum ... I'm thinking it would not harm it for the time .. I would definitely get a stronger brick sometime soon ..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk