output voltage/current of verizon moto droid charger?

Big Ry

Reaction score
i checked the box and website and found nothing. im trying to figure out what the output voltage and current are for the verizon droid charger sold in corporate stores. id like to get one of those generic car chargers with a USB slot + a 6-12ft run of USB>>micro cable so i can have easy charging access for my droid when its up on the GPS mount. im planning to run the cable under my center console and up into the dash. i know if i dont match the voltage/current, i could potentially fry the battery in the droid, and obviously i dont want that. can anyone help me out here?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
ok, im impatient. i did a little searching...couldnt find a definitive answer, however the consensus seems to be that 5V out @ 1A is ideal. so i went to mono price and got the USB car charger and 6ft cable...cost $2.56 lol...God i love monoprice!!! :)

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
if you have a moto droid charger already, then it's printed right on there. says quite clearly 5v/850ma, so anything above that (milliamp-wise) will be fine.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
USB is 5v. If a charger has a USB connection and puts out anything else then there's definitely a problem.

Current shouldn't matter as the Droid will draw what it needs. The only issue is if the current is too low, in which case charging will be slower. AFAIK this is mentioned in just about every charger thread I've run across.