Charging via USB or Plug In?

Reaction score
Does it charge any faster plugging it into the wall? I've had mine on the charging cradle for about 4 hours and it's only gone from 30% to 80%. That's a long damn time.

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
On the wall charger that comes with the phone, it should be able to charge from 0 to full in under 3 hours. It's described as a rapid charger, where plugging it into a PC via usb is more of a trickle charge.

crspang

Reaction score
It'll depend on what you app you choose to run while charging also. Via USB only will be slower if all things (ie apps running) are equal.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
It'll depend on what you app you choose to run while charging also. Via USB only will be slower if all things (ie apps running) are equal.

Sorry, still learning here. But I don't understand this. I need to choose an app to charge? Or you're saying the more apps I run while charging the longer it'll take?

Now that I'm home the phone has charged up MUCH faster than plugged in via USB at work.

ShowTime

Reaction score
PC via usb will always be slower. But yes, if you're running apps and using the phone while charging, that will slow the charging down. In fact, if you're doing a decent amount on the phone while it's charging connected to your PC, I've heard of people not actually getting/losing a charge at all because they are using everything as it comes in. This isn't a problem with the wall charger.

Detonation

Reaction score
Standard USB 2.0 ports are 5V and provide 2.5W of power, resulting in 500mA of current. The stock wall charger is rated at 850mA so it charges faster.

cisco0910

Reaction score
good info here with the specs and applying ohms law for the proof.
now it makes me wanna look for the specs on my rapid moto car charger i bought