Charging the Galaxy S III from car charger

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
I connect the USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone to the charging car adapter head, and it would not charge my phone, is anyone else experience this problem? is there a difference car adapter in charging the S3? :angry:

skennelly

Reaction score
If you're referring to the usb port on the car charger, then yes. I haven't tried it with my SGS 3, but it never worked with my DX. I think it is a defective usb port on the charger. It never concerned me since the micro usb charger worked.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

OP
DRIOD Cauly

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
I am referring to USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone, that I plug into a USB port adopter that is plug into the cigarette lighter, I am not having any luck, in charging my phone in my car using my USB port adopter, and I dont want to buy an additional car charger.:angry:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am referring to USB cable that comes with my Galaxy SIII phone, that I plug into a USB port adopter that is plug into the cigarette lighter, I am not having any luck, in charging my phone in my car using my USB port adopter, and I dont want to buy an additional car charger.:angry:

It could be that the USB adapter you're using in your car isn't providing the amperage required to charge the S3.

OP
DRIOD Cauly

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
It could be that the USB adapter you're using in your car isn't providing the amperage required to charge the S3.

I use it with my Droid X2 and of a few days ago I used it with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, before moving over to this Samsung Galaxy SIII, it works perfectly well with these other phones, why it don't works with the Samsung Galaxy SIII, I dont know.
get

floating.static

Reaction score
The answer is right in your picture - I am in the same boat with trying to better understand amperage requirements in these new phones (I have a Galaxy SIII and my wife has the iPhone 5) but one thing I can tell you is that if my 1.2A USB car charger won't work, then your USB car charger that says it is only outputting 700 milliamps DEFINITELY won't work...