Charger?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
I just received my Motorola wall charger. I was previously using a Verizon one that was compatible for the Razr Maxx (per rep.). But, I have noticed the Motorola charges at a slower rate. Probably better for the battery to charge at a slower rate anyways. It's not that slow but, I did notice it. Full charge from 20% approx. 3 hours.

Is this unusual? You would think the would all charge the same.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The maxx charges slow. And yes the factory charger is preferable for charging. After market chargers can cause issues. And slower charging is better for the battery, less heat, longer life :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Thank you. I will stick with the Motorola charger. Think I did anything using the Verizon one? Used it only a couple of times anyways.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you. I will stick with the Motorola charger. Think I did anything using the Verizon one? Used it only a couple of times anyways.

Nah, it would take more than a few times before it would have any lasting effects and they would be minimal over a short period of time. The effects are cumulative, so the longer you charge at high rates, the more damage.

Besides, the Verizon ones are actually approved for use by Motorola, as long as it has your phone model on the packaging.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad we could help :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

neoterixx64

Reaction score
I noticed that I have been using an old motorola charger but it isn't the 750 that comes with phone but an 850.

Still think this would be okay? It is a legit motorola charger and not a knock off. Or switch to the one that came with the phone to be safe?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I noticed that I have been using an old motorola charger but it isn't the 750 that comes with phone but an 850.

Still think this would be okay? It is a legit motorola charger and not a knock off. Or switch to the one that came with the phone to be safe?

I did the same thing when I first got my Maxx - used my old Moto D1 stock charger instead of the new one that came with the Maxx. I'd sort of assumed they were interchangeable, but a random comment here made me take a look at their respective current draws, and sure enough the old D1 charger was 850 mA, but the new Maxx one is 750. I changed over pronto - using one with a lower current than required probably wouldn't have much effect other than slower charging, but using one with a higher current could potentially open multiple cans of worms, so to speak. I remember trying an after-market car charger on my D1 once (which was actually made and recommended by Verizon for the D1), and it messed it up so bad after a single use I had to perform a factory reset. Granted, the D1 was notoriously finicky about its power supply, but I don't want a similar experience with my shiny new Maxx, nosiree.

neoterixx64

Reaction score
Ok you have scared me into submission. I am going to use the charger the phone came with.
I would hate to cause any kind of damage to the battery since I am going to be using the phone for two years if not longer.

Sucks because I got a ton of the motorola chargers all over the place and never thought you could ruin the battery with different chargers.