Charger cutting off after phone has charged!

gagecb3

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but when I plug my phone in at night to the AC (wall) charger it charges the phone until the battery reads charged and then the charger cuts off, the light outside the phone that indicates the phone is charging cuts off and by the time I wake up in the morning the phone is DEAD!! How can I keep the phone charger from cutting off when the battery is fully charged. I keep my phone on all of the time and was using my previous phone as an alarm clock, but that doesn't work with this one.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you tried another charger?
Sounds like you have a bad one.

OP
G

gagecb3

Reaction score
The charger on the USB port does the same thing. As soon as the phone battery is 100%, the charger light goes off and it goes back to battery power even though it is still plugged in. It seems as if the phone detects the full battery and automatically cuts off charging power from the charger. I think it is programmed into the phone because a little message pops up on the home screen that reminds you to unplug the charger from the wall because it will save power. But the only problem is that it doesn't cut back on when the phone gets lower than 100% and the battery ends up dying over the night and is completely dead in the morning!

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you installed any battery or power apps or have you messed with the battery settings?

This is not a normal for a Droid.

OP
G

gagecb3

Reaction score
The only thing I have done is to change the setting to sync all day and not cut off at night.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

slrkyusho

Reaction score
Same issue with phone charging

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have the same issue with my Droid 2. I plug it in at night and it charges to 100%. If I don't unplug it, then the battery is back down to 60% or so by morning. Same thing when I plug into the laptop with USB.

OP
G

gagecb3

Reaction score
Did this issue ever get resolved? I have the same issue with my Droid 2. I plug it in at night and it charges to 100%. If I don't unplug it, then the battery is back down to 60% or so by morning. Same thing when I plug into the laptop with USB.

I took the phone back to Verizon and they replaced it. I haven't had the same problem even once.

LGOP

Reaction score
I had the same problem.
Ran all the standard troubleshooting techniques: different chargers, new batteries, hard resets.
Called tech support and got told that this was normal, yeah right.
Finally went into Verizon store, explained the problem, and they sent me new phone. Customer service rep didnt even attempt to make me go through anymore hoops. All of about 10 minutes in the Verizon store in Greenwood, Indiana (if your in the area some day).

Havent tried new phone yet, will update.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I have noticed my phone turn off the charging light when it reaches 100%. I thought it was supposed to do this to protect the battery. Mine will come back on when needed to recharge. I mainly noticed this while using the car charger. Isn't that the function of the IC chip to not overcharge the battery?

vintage2714

Reaction score
My phone always kept charging until my oem charger stopped working correctly. Went to vzw store they gave s vzw charger that charges the battery but once its full it stops charging.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App