Changing Voice Mail Default

rverginia

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to change the voice mail to add the *86,,PASSWORD#"? In all of my old phones you could go into the contacts and revise the VM entry to automatically enter your password. Can't change the default on this one.:frown:

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Well, not on Jelly bean, at least with the stock dialer. I haven't been able to figure out "Speed Dial" on this update. I think they removed it, jerks!!
Plenty of 3rd party dialers in the Play Store, though. Can't recommend one, so take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

eabholmes

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to change the voice mail to add the *86,,PASSWORD#"? In all of my old phones you could go into the contacts and revise the VM entry to automatically enter your password. Can't change the default on this one.:frown:

In JB, Phone app > menu > Settings > Voicemail > Setup, then select number to open editable window.

turbodave

Reaction score
In JB, Phone app > menu > Settings > Voicemail > Setup, then select number to open editable window.

Great, but.... what symbol in the above example would one use to insert pauses? I generally had at least two pauses between *86 and password. There's no comma in the dialer edit screen that comes up.

OP
R

rverginia

Reaction score
Great, but.... what symbol in the above example would one use to insert pauses? I generally had at least two pauses between *86 and password. There's no comma in the dialer edit screen that comes up.
On my phone, the "," is located to the left of the zero.

turbodave

Reaction score
On my phone, the "," is located to the left of the zero.

Thanks, mine had a *# to the left of the zero. Found out that pressing that pulls up another menu of symbols! I'm getting dumber by the day!!