changing save folder for photos?

born2golf

Reaction score
I would like to save the photos I take with the camera to a folder different than the default folder. I cannot see any way to do this with the stock camera, and have been tinkering with other camera apps on the market, which offer some options such as putting photos in dated folders or putting them in the app's default location, but nothing is allowing me to select a destination of my choice. I thought this may have been a limitation of android, but since the 3rd party apps can change their locations, I'm wondering why no one allows a user selected location?

Any thoughts on this?

Note, my main goal is to change the save location to a dropbox folder. (yes I understand that I can launch the camera from dropbox to achieve this, but that involves far more steps than I want to do just to take spur of the moment photos)

I'm on a D2 but I'm not sure that matters for this question.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought this may have been a limitation of android, but since the 3rd party apps can change their locations, I'm wondering why no one allows a user selected location?
Wait, you said that none of the other apps allowed you to select the destination of your choice. Then you say that 3rd party apps can. Can you clarify?

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
I have not been able to find ANY 3rd party apps that allow the user to set the save folder to be anything other than the android default OR some other pre-defined location relative to the app.

I have tried about 5 other cameras on the market and sent email inquiries to other apps that cost $$. None of them allow the user to select a destination of their choice beyond the presets.