Cannot override FB photo for contact

ntellya

Reaction score
I've been trying to change a contact's photo from the Facebook photo, to another photo I took with my Droid 2. This is the process I've been doing: Open contacts. Select and open the contact I want to change. Hit the menu button and select "edit". Click on the photo, which opens a box. I select "use existing photo". I locate the photo in the galleries, adjust the frame size, and click save. I now DO have the new photo showing up in the upper left, as the contact photo. I click Save...and the contact shows up...with the OLD photo!

Any suggestions?
Thank you for any assistance!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I just changed a persons photo in my contacts from my gallery three times and did not have this problem.

The difference is I deleted the Facebook from My Accounts because I could not make them Sync to show new pics people posted of themselves. It always had the old pic.

This is not much help, but there is a problem with Facebook, not your phone. There are several threads about this in the forum.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
FB will not let you change the photo...Since it is synced and wants to use the FB photo the contact has in FB.....