changing roms issue

funnyfish

Reaction score
I never had trouble until the last couple of weeks with changing roms on my droid...now anytime i want to change roms i have used my backup pro and titanium backup to backup my apps and data...after i wipe and install a new rom, neither of the afore mentioned apps will restore my data! I have tried restoring using my backup pro but the apps that i restore data to will not even open, i get a force close everytime. if i use titanium it says the data is restored but is never there. i want to change roms because the gingerbread one i am using is terrible! but i don't want to lose my data from angry birds, and other such apps. Any ideas what can help me out???

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
What rom are you coming from & going to? Don't restore system apps (red) in TB.

OP
funnyfish

funnyfish

Reaction score
Right now I am using liquid gingerbread. I have tried going to metick mod, gimpsource, and charity rom but I can never save my data.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's because you're going back to a different versionof android. Like 2.2, 2.3,2.3.2,2.3.3

OP
funnyfish

funnyfish

Reaction score
I figured that was the issue but is there something I can do to save my data??

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's an option in TB to migrate incompatible data. I used it once & it held on to certain things.

OP
funnyfish

funnyfish

Reaction score
even going from gingerbread to gingerbread its not working at all :( i guess i'm stuck with this rom forever unless i wanna give up all my data!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because its a different version. It happened to me going back & forth between PE5.0.2 which was 2.3.2 to CM7 2.3.3

OP
funnyfish

funnyfish

Reaction score
but liquid gingerbread is 2.3.3 and so is GPA14... so i still understand my issue :( anyone know of any other gingerbread roms built from 2.3.3? i want to change my ROM!!! :'(

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well maybe it's something else then.CM7 nightlies are on 2.3.3 though.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I've had a similar issue with MyBackup Pro not working right when going from 2.2 to 2.3. However, going from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 should not be an issue. If I was you I would contact the developer and let them know. I've used this app for a very long time now and nothing happened when I went from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3. Also, I only had an issue with about 5 apps when I went from a froyo rom to a gingerbread rom which is only because some of the apps were not updated for GB compatibility. In any case though, 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 should not be an issue and if it is, you need to contact the developer and see if he can help you out. My reason for saying it shouldn't be an issue is because 2.3.3 is still GB regardless. Going from froyo to GB, yes I could see how that could possibly have some issues. But not 2.3.2 to 2.3.3, it's the same version of the OS and shouldn't be an issue.