Changing my avatar and sig pic

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why can't I change my avatar or sig pic? It says it's unable to save image.

Are you within the specifications? "The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 600 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller)." I've seen about five or six posts tonight from other people having the same issue. Maybe it has to do with the update they did on the site this morning? PM one of the mods and see what they have to say...

dboss007

Reaction score
Why can't I change my avatar or sig pic? It says it's unable to save image.

Are you within the specifications? "The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 600 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller)." I've seen about five or six posts tonight from other people having the same issue. Maybe it has to do with the update they did on the site this morning? PM one of the mods and see what they have to say...

I don't believe it has to do with the size. I'm having the same issue and if you try to upload a remote pic that's too large, it gives you a message that the file is too large. Once I reduced the pic to under the limit it errors out with the Unable to Save Image error.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its definitely something affecting more than one or two people. Different file types and both size criteria met have yielded the same failing results.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its definitely something affecting more than one or two people. Different file types and both size criteria met have yielded the same failing results.

I think so, too. Way too many people with the same issue tonight. Maybe a result of the vBulletin upgrade possibly? Sit tight, someone will figure it out.

V

verian

Has anyone figured this out yet? I still can't get the sig pic to work.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out yet? I still can't get the sig pic to work.

Have you tried all three options? Upload, upload from the web, and the one that I think is getting overlooked, using the img tag in the sig code box? That's the one I use as I didn't even notice the other two options.

V

verian

I can't upload from web cause I'm creating and trying to see what they look like don't want to post yet. I'm not sure how to use img tag, hows that work by just adding

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
the img tag calls on any image that's on the web like the other option, but it allows you to put it where you want to. When you're editing your sig and your cursor is where you want it, click on the little icon of the mountains (See attached). then when the pop-up comes up and asks for the address of the image you paste or type in the actual location on the web. Then it will insert it in img tags (see attached second pic). I usually just end up typing it all myself since i do it all the time in my posts ;)

Now if you don't want to have it go to your sig until you see it and approve it, host it on the web and just put the address of it in your browser address bar. Once you're happy, pull the trigger.

Hope that makes sense.