Changing Google Account?

Tennis4you

Reaction score
When I received my Droid it was through work and I have a Google email address that is tied to work (a little).

I am leaving my current company and would like to know if it is possible to change the Google account from one account to another. Basically I want to change it to a Google account I use personally and far more often.

Thanks!

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
From what I know, all your purchased apps and everything are tied to that account. As well as contacts, email and your calendar, however if you just want to stop receiving email from that account, under settings>accounts you can make it so your email doesn't sync but everything else does. And you can make a second email address to use for personal mail

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

OP
T

Tennis4you

Reaction score
Well, I have no purchased apps. My calendar is hosted by a work server (for a few more days), my email will come from a non-Google Account and my contacts have all been saved to the new account.

I guess I could just set it so it never syncs with the original Google account. No way to completely remove it though?

harrellj

Reaction score
You can remove the primary account, just do a factory reset and it'll prompt you for the login information for an account to be the new primary account. This will cause you to lose any apps that are installed on the phone, so make sure you have a list or have 'em backed up.