Change where the Droid 1 saves photos?

KingDubby

Reaction score
Is it possible to change where the Droid 1 saves pictures taken with the Camera? Right now it goes to "/sdcard/dcim/camera"

This bugs me, I'd like to make it /sdcard/media/photos or something like that.

I'm rooted so any options are welcome, even if they're dirty, lol.

skyryder1044

Reaction score
I think it can be done. I'm a newbie and some of my photos are in Camera shots and some are on the SD card. Somehow I changed something and I don't know how to redirect photos. But, obviously, it's been done. I also would like to know how to do this.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Camera is already on the SD card. I use Astro and created a new folder, then I just move the pics accordingly.

I think it can be done. I'm a newbie and some of my photos are in Camera shots and some are on the SD card. Somehow I changed something and I don't know how to redirect photos. But, obviously, it's been done. I also would like to know how to do this.

DroidForums junkie!!

nateccnn

Reaction score
It's kind of an industry standard to dump photos taken on a digital camera into a DCIM directory. Digital Camera IMage?

Can you change the folder on your pocket sized digital camera?

Nate

skyryder1044

Reaction score
It's kind of an industry standard to dump photos taken on a digital camera into a DCIM directory. Digital Camera IMage?

Can you change the folder on your pocket sized digital camera?

Nate
Nate, thanks for the reply. My old phone and my digital camera allowed me to move my photos between internal memory and Sd card without downloading software or hooking up cables. I am able to tell my camera where to store the photo. Since I know I have camera photos in two locations on my phone then I know it has been done before. I just don't know how I did it.