emailed Droid photos (from Gallery) do not arrive

luvtype

Reaction score
When I click on "Share" to email a photo taken with the Droid camera, now stored in my Gallery, that message hardly ever arrives. I've done this a few times, even sending it to my own Gmail address. What gives?

Is it possible that the photo is too hi-res? is there a way to reduce the resolution on the Droid?

This is truly puzzling. If I can't email the photos I take with my built-in camera, the whole point of the device is undermined. Much of the fun in the whole thing is the possiblity of sharing and communicating.

Would appreciate it if anyone has any insights.

Thanks!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok at 3:17 i sent myself one from my gallery to see and its still sending lol. i'll let you know how it goes.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a limit as to how many KB you can send a photo on email with Verizon? Or maybe it's MB?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok i just got it!! lol yay! i don't know..maybe you aren't waiting long enuff?

Senorbum

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this is exactly what has been happening to me. I have tried both on Wi-Fi and on 3g. Is there any indication into what this could be caused by?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The only limitation Verizon has in sending text messages with pictures (mms messages). Picture size limitation would be based on file size and what your email provider allows for attachment sizes....not sure what gmail.com allows.

I have no issues sending pictures. Just as a test, try reducing the cameras resolution to the lowest and snap a picture and try to send that. It will be a smaller file size. See the length of time it takes to send.....then to receive. Try a higher res picture after that if you are successful.

Are you selecting to send via gmail or email?

Senorbum

Reaction score
The only limitation Verizon has in sending text messages with pictures (mms messages). Picture size limitation would be based on file size and what your email provider allows for attachment sizes....not sure what gmail.com allows.

I have no issues sending pictures. Just as a test, try reducing the cameras resolution to the lowest and snap a picture and try to send that. It will be a smaller file size. See the length of time it takes to send.....then to receive. Try a higher res picture after that if you are successful.

Are you selecting to send via gmail or email?

Gmail. There is no 'email' option.

Your theory seems plausable, but not applicable in my case. It takes < 2 minutes to upload to picasa. It takes up to 12 hours to send to email. This is sitting at the same desk doing both. Today it took 4 hours and 10 minutes to email.

3dogMcNeill

Reaction score
Pictures not sending via Gmail

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm almost positive it's because the pictures are too large. I'm using the highest resolution possible (8mpx, HTC Droid Incredible) because I want to keep the high resolution picture.

Either I can't find it or it's not within the phone's native capabilities to scale pictures for email.

Are there recommendations for apps that will scale photos so they're email-able (and also b/c I don't want to people to have to receive huge picture files).

Thanks!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had issues using gmal when the "enable browser downloads" option is enabled in astro file manager. supposed to only affect showing images in the email but with it enabled I have seen send issues too.