Change Physical search button function?

Ssilk

Reaction score
I really miss being able to just hit the phone button while reading a text and have it automatically go to the dialer with that coach from the text msg ready to call. Is there a way to assign the phone key function to my physical search button? If be stoked to mod that button function and have it stable. Thanks folks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

frankieo

Reaction score
Hi there - I would REALLY like this function as well.. I need one "hard" key to be able to activate a dialer program. I need the "power" button set to end calls, since the phone usually gets the "call selection" wrong and doesn't give you the chance to say no, like other phones have done in the past. Thanks much.

frankieo

Reaction score
Apparently there was an app that worked for exactly this on some phones. It's not on the market. does anyone have com.socialnmobile.buttonshortcuts - called button Shortcut? I would LOVE to at least try it.. it was free - so giving the apk would not be wrong - I just can't find it to download. Thanks much.

bionicdr

Reaction score
Did you find the apk? This should be a no brainer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

royta

Reaction score
I'd like to remap the physical hard buttons too. My back button failed yesterday and I'm waiting for my replacement from Verizon. I never use the search button, so I'd like to make it the back button. I did find if I press REALLY HARD, the back button will work, which does ease the burden of basically a non working phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2