Change Messaging 'Me' photo

billbobs

Reaction score
The icon photo shown next to "Me:" in all of my messages changed to that of one of my Facebook contacts. Searching for a solution, I have tried adding "Me" to my contacts using my mobile number and a photo for the contact icon. I have tried this both from the Droid, and from Google Contacts on a PC with no results.

I'm obviously missing something, and it's getting to me. Thanks for any help.
Motorola Droid. Android version 2.2.2 FRG83G

OP
B

billbobs

Reaction score
OK - I got rid of the incorrect "Me" photo by deleting (& recreating) the contact whose icon was being used. My messages now show a grey (empty) icon next to "Me:"

How do I replace this grey icon with a picture from the Gallery? I do have a picture next to Me in contacts, but this does not carry over to messages.

(BTW, I'm really not so vain, the picture can be of a lizzard. It's the lack of control that is annoying)

OP
B

billbobs

Reaction score
To complete this thread, two days after my last post, the correct picture automagically appeared!

My "problem" is solved, but without the satisfaction of knowing what caused it or what made it go away.:frown:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To complete this thread, two days after my last post, the correct picture automagically appeared!

My "problem" is solved, but without the satisfaction of knowing what caused it or what made it go away.:frown:

Glad you got it sorted out. Would've liked to know how you fixed it aswell. lol:p