Chainfire Updates DSLR Controller

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Chainfire is well known for his development work on the SuperSU app which gives root users admin access to their Android devices. He has a less known project called DSLR Controller. This gives you complete control of your DSLR controller from your Android device. This is great for the budding photographer or anyone who needs to shoot video on a regular basis. He has just updated the app to make it compatible with many cameras that were released this year. There is also a new feature which allows you to enable or disable flash firing through the app. Other than those updates the remaining updates are bug fixes. This is a great tool. You can find more info on this update at the link below.

via +Chainfire

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I have this app and its great for what it does. I don't use it often but sometimes I get the urge to set up my gear for some supermacro shots and you have to use something to control the camera to take stacked shots for proper DoF. There are some great Windows programs to do it that are frankly more powerful but on the phone, its great. Would recommend if you have a Canon DSLR.