[Caution]Wet Application Screen Protector

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wet application screen protectors are the most forgiving protectors to apply to your devices. Unlike the dry apply protectors which are stuck in the initial position that you applied them, you can move these around after having applied them to the screen which will give you the perfect positioning that is needed to align different buttons, cameras, sensors, etc.

I have used these for some time now with great success and would not return to using dry protectors unless forced to.

There have been reports of people damaging their Note Edge due to oversaturating the protector while applying it and the water entering the inside of the phone. Some people have managed to take the Edge apart and blow drying life back into it, but others have had to return theirs.

The water solution is apparently able to leak into the phone between the gap of the screen and the body. Some have said that their SPen holder ended up full of water.

The key to these protectors is using restraint when applying the solution (it takes very little for a successful install) and being sure to pull your battery before beginning.

I'm applying mine today!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently purchased a wet protector for my G2. The beveled edges won't let dry stick properly.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
On the g3..some of the glass protectors do this.. Because of the rounded display.. I haven't put a wet application protector on the g3..but the military shield applied well to my ex's g2..

Last edited:
OP
Ollie

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I just put a Skinomi wet application protector (same concept as the Zagg Invisible Shield) on an i6 Plus in the family and had to continuously massage the entire edge of the screen for about 10 minutes until the protector finally stuck on the curved glass.

I won't even consider a glass protector with any of our new phones since the curved glass was not factored in during their design and end up peeling up.