Catch A Bad Charge Cable With Satechi USB-C Power Meter

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
C3NK_AJWEAAvkyO.jpg

USB-C is the tech of the future. New flagships going forward will feature Type-C and soon even budget friendly phones will also include it as it becomes the new worldwide standard. With new tech comes new problems until eventually all the bugs are squashed. When Type-C first arrived some manufacturers were releasing cables that did not necessarily fit the Type-C guidelines. These cables could potentially damage your phone by allowing to much voltage. In response to this issue Satechi has developed a power meter adapter that allows you to monitor the actual voltage that is being provided by the cable and charge source.

via Satechi

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Any Recommendations for USB C cables capable of Full Speed Charging QC 3.0? Been looking on Amazon with little Luck. Wasnt sure if there are any good known ones.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
moto phones don't support quickcharge. to get turbo charge you need either motorola turbo charger, verizon usb c charger or apple usb c charger which are 29w.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
according to Solved: How to Identify Turbo Charge or quick charge USB-C cable for a USB - Page 2 - Lenovo Community
turbocharge only works with usb c to usb c connection. so if you're looking for usb a to usb c cable that turbo charges, it might show up as turbocharge but it really doesn't do it.
Thanks for the Info, That seems to clear up some. I guess I can get more cable like i have and just need to look for a Home Charger with USB C. It really is a shame that Moto has to have a Fixed Cable for their Charger. My Cable is starting to Flake out near the connector and if i touch it it stops charging or is intermittent.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you have a battery mod with wireless charging built in, but what I do is charge the phone wirelessly over night. When I come home from work I remove battery pack and set it on charger while my phone is still at 100%. Towards the night the battery is recharged again and I slap it back on the phone which is usually around 50% power. The battery pack recharges the phone while draining itself and during night I set it on charger with phone attached and both are at 100% again in the morning.
I only use USB charger in rare cases or if I need to top off the phone and battery in short time.