Cases?

dazoe

Reaction score
The local virzon store here only had 3 cases (by case logic) 2 of them had issues. The 3rd was pink.
The first one I tried didn't have the space cut out for the backside of the front camera. So the screen would slide out but would not slide back in.
The second had the space cut out for the backside of the front camera so I was hopeful. But one of the clips that held on the back part of the case would cause the screen to get VERY stiff when sliding it open.

So don't buy the case logic cases, if you do you'll be returning the very quickly.

Does anyone have any case recommendations?

spruleme

Reaction score
I bought this aftermarket phone case, It certainly fits but makes the slider stiffer. Not so stiff that you can't open it but noticeably. Good price and good color selection makes this one a winner. That and it feels solid on the phone a nice soft plastic but they are calling rubberized. I would have looked at verizon's but when I went to order they were out of stock already on most all cases.

[link removed per vendor request]

Last edited by a moderator:

militant

Reaction score
I bought this aftermarket phone case, It certainly fits but makes the slider stiffer. Not so stiff that you can't open it but noticeably. Good price and good color selection makes this one a winner. That and it feels solid on the phone a nice soft plastic but they are calling rubberized. I would have looked at verizon's but when I went to order they were out of stock already on most all cases.

Dont buy from there. Same case can be had on Amazon for 5.99 or 6.99. I got mine from there and I love it. Downer is only Black is available at that price (as of now). I'm looking to pick up a blue, orange, and red to have as back ups and to switch around, but I'm not paying more than 10 bucks each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I decided to go with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo ( Shell/Holster Combo ).

I previously had a Seidio case for my Droid 1, I really liked it. I wasn't initially thrilled about this Verizon case with the sort of cross-thatching design but it's fine. Clipped on good, has a little flip out stand if I want to prop it up for movies, and it didn't bulk the phone up any more than my other case did.

I got 20% the regular price too.

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I decided to go with the Verizon Shell/Holster combo ( Shell/Holster Combo ).

I previously had a Seidio case for my Droid 1, I really liked it. I wasn't initially thrilled about this Verizon case with the sort of cross-thatching design but it's fine. Clipped on good, has a little flip out stand if I want to prop it up for movies, and it didn't bulk the phone up any more than my other case did.

I got 20% the regular price too.

Does the holster work without the shell? I'm thinking about going bareback.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does the holster work without the shell? I'm thinking about going bareback.

No, it doesn't. The holster is too big for the phone without the shell. They're made to work together.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Otterbox is coming out with the Commuter case later this summer, I had one for my OG Droid and it s a good sturdy case that fits well. I gave a shoutout to Seidio on twitter and they said right now no plans for Droid 3 accessories.

Guess I'll check out the links you guys posted, the ones at the VZW store were horrid

Paladyr

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm giving the verizon option a try, ordered in online.

ayersaft

Reaction score
moz-screenshot-4.png
Has anyone tried this case?
Qmadix Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for Motorola DROID 3 XT862 QM-HLMTXT862-SO - Motorola DROID 3 Protector Cases

SonerAlan

Reaction score
has anyone bought a case from amazon are there any good cases?
i have a 10$ gift card for amazon and i would like to know which one is good :)

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We bought temp. cases yesterday at Verizon (only cause I want a case when they get here Monday)

I got the holster combo and the wife got the pink silicone case. I liked the holster case better than the super slick hard shell they had, even though the kickstand is kinda cheap feeling. She wants the holster for her purse and I dont care for it, so we put the silicone case on the D3 demo and it fit the holster perfect.

I know this really only works for those with 2, but I thought I'd share.