Case vs Invisible shield

droidco34

Reaction score
Just got a droid for Christmas as well as an invisible shield for it. Before applying the shield I also got a snap on case and holster which I really liked. After putting on the invisible shield I realized the case no longer fits. Do any cases or covers fit over Invisible Shield?

Also, I have a media center as well and that does not work with current case. Are there any cases that will work with media center and car attachment?

So now my conundrum is to leave invisible shield on and get a stand alone holster or remove it so I can use the case I have. And if I have case will it be worth having to take it off each time I use the media center I have.

Oh the options. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You left out an option....Naked....

wildrage

Reaction score
Just got a droid for Christmas as well as an invisible shield for it. Before applying the shield I also got a snap on case and holster which I really liked. After putting on the invisible shield I realized the case no longer fits. Do any cases or covers fit over Invisible Shield?

Also, I have a media center as well and that does not work with current case. Are there any cases that will work with media center and car attachment?

So now my conundrum is to leave invisible shield on and get a stand alone holster or remove it so I can use the case I have. And if I have case will it be worth having to take it off each time I use the media center I have.

Oh the options. Appreciate any input. Thanks

I have a full-body Zagg shield on mine, and so far the only Verizon cases that fit are the Silicone one ( Enter your location) and the plastic/leather one (Enter your location ). I would recommend the Silicone one most, as the plastic/leather one is awfully tight and scrweed up my invisible shield a bit.

Snap-on covers typically won't work with a full-body shield. Go with silicone or a silicone hybrid (such as the one linked to above).

dverplank

Reaction score
I bought an Invisible Shield and Body Glove case. Body Glove case was nice until I took it off and the metal edges of the droid (next to the screen) were all scratched from the whatever rubbing between the phone and case. The Invisible Shield is awesome and worth every penny. Follow the direction when installing and be patient, it takes about 2 days for the little water bubbles to disappear!!

good luck!!

gstaugler

Reaction score
I tried a couple of the snap on cases. They covered the top row of the keyboard making typing difficult. They also covered the promixity sensor, leaving the screen on while on a phone call was big problem when your face hits the mute button. Don't waste your money like I did. Also, don't worry about putting a screen protector on this, it reduces touch sensitivity and I don't think you can scratch this screen anyways. The screen is made from Gorilla Glass.

What makes the Droid's screen so tough? Gorilla Glass, of course | Android Central

SlamDroid

Reaction score
Purchased the Suede Jacket by Waterfield for my Droid. Love it! Allows me to pocket my Droid without worry, and slips right off to allow use of dock or car mount. I have a screen protector on, but haven't found a decent "wearable" case that still allows use of dock and car mount. Ordered silicon case from Amazon, but it may not get here for months. Still, the jacket puts my mind at ease a bit, and I still sometimes use the belt holster/clip I got from Verizon.

Reaction score
I tried a couple of the snap on cases. They covered the top row of the keyboard making typing difficult. They also covered the promixity sensor, leaving the screen on while on a phone call was big problem when your face hits the mute button. Don't waste your money like I did. Also, don't worry about putting a screen protector on this, it reduces touch sensitivity and I don't think you can scratch this screen anyways. The screen is made from Gorilla Glass.

What makes the Droid's screen so tough? Gorilla Glass, of course | Android Central

Please do not spread misinformation..

If your snap on case covered the top row of your keys, that means you didn't install it correctly. Also, the screen protector (set of 3) at verizon doesn't reduce sensitivity at all, and any good verizon tech will tell you to just cut the top right corner of the protector to uncover the sensors.

I use the body glove and screen protector. I agree the screen is very scratch resistant, but if you drop it, it's more prone to damage that aren't just scratches.

sweepcity

Reaction score
I got a droid for christmas and and also received the snap on armor from verizon, with holster. as well as the invisible shield from verizon. everything fits great and have no loss of sensitivity. great phone and great accessories from verizon.

gstaugler

Reaction score
Please do not spread misinformation..

If your snap on case covered the top row of your keys, that means you didn't install it correctly. Also, the screen protector (set of 3) at verizon doesn't reduce sensitivity at all, and any good verizon tech will tell you to just cut the top right corner of the protector to uncover the sensors.

I'm just giving everyone my experience with a couple hard cases (one being first one sold by Verizon when the Droid came out) and they were installed correctly. I wasted about $50 trying out these products. BTW, I never tried the Body Glove case. And IMO the invisible screen protector reduced touch sensitivity enough that I ripped it off after a day or so.