Case on a RAZR????

smmfc

Reaction score
I've always used screen protectors on my phones and I have one on my RAZR as well. My question is I also have a case on it and was wondering who else is using a case? Do you feel its neccesary? I just don't want to damage the phone without it but I seem more worried about it than other phones I have. I want to take the case off I guess I'm just looking for feedback mainly if you don't have a case on has anyone scratched or chipped the outer of the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have my Maxx in the VZW shell - I don't use the holster much but I do like the little bit of protection on the sides...

DocsDad

Reaction score
I hated cases for my RAZR because it was such a good looking device. I finally gave in because it was also SO hard to hold onto being thin.

Although my MAXX has a better feel in my hand, I decided to go with a smoke TPU case. Its thin, tacky and almost not there. It still has a very classy look too.

I don't use screen protectors. Never have. My wife does and has tons of fingerprints. I have none. Personal preference for everyone.

Enjoy

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have the verizon holster case but only use the holster 10% of the time. I like the extra protection and the added thickness does make the phone more comfortable to hold.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I agree that with the RAZR being so darn thin, a case actually makes it more ergonomic for me. :)

Always used to use screen protectors, but I'm giving it a go without one for now. Agree, that fingerprints and smudges are much less of an issue with the naked screen. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Even with the added thickness of the Maxx, a case is a necessity for me. Makes it much easier to handle. Brings the thickness right in the same league as the Gnex. And personally I refuse to use a naked phone. I baby my devices, but there are always gonna be unforseen circumstances that would make me regret not having a case.

Tap'd to the Maxx

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Case/holster here. Love the kickstand and soon I'll be doing things outdoors with the holster. I also love the way it slides in and out of the holster.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Barely there Casemate pink here and love it. Cuts in my HDMI dock too.

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
I love my RAZR with no case it fits perfect in my hand without it but i worry about the casing of the phone being damaged without it. I hardly used one on my tbolt and never worried about it. My main reason for the thread is questioningly paranoia of a case on the RAZR. If some people don't use a case I'd like to hear about if they scratch or chip the outer edges of their phone yet?

jdroid80

Reaction score
I don't use a case. I never do. I have one slight dent on top left corner that I can hardly see from dropping it on my tile floor.

This phone is built so well that a case is not needed for me. Holding it in its natural state is the only way for me ;-)

Also, I use the car dock a lot daily holds the phone very tightly. It hasn't scratched and scuffed the top or bottom edges yet.

Last edited:

KGreis

Reaction score
I have the VZW case but i took it off because i missed the Kevlar look and feel i wish they made a case with the same back that would be amazing

Zandar

Reaction score
My RAZR runs around naked all day like a dirty hippie at Woodstock (except my RAZR supports corporate profits and stuff). The plastic around one of the edges is a little rough, but it's not noticeable. What is noticeable is the svelte form, the Kevlar back, and the gorgeous, fingerprint free screen.

Reaction score
I use the incipio one piece, soft shell case. It protects but is lightweight and thin. I have it in pink and love it.

The slimness of the razr is unique and something I like so I also did not want to change that with a bulky case.

Cinoib

Reaction score
I love my RAZR with no case it fits perfect in my hand without it but i worry about the casing of the phone being damaged without it. I hardly used one on my tbolt and never worried about it. My main reason for the thread is questioningly paranoia of a case on the RAZR. If some people don't use a case I'd like to hear about if they scratch or chip the outer edges of their phone yet?

I've had the Razr Maxx for a few weeks now. I use a screen protector. I don't use a case protection. I dropped it once. Hence it has as barely noticable dent. I still don't use a case.

I guess it's like going commando.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums