Case and Screen protection recommendations

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Hard to find these kinds of things in store, believe me I tried looking. Think I wasted more gas driving to different stores than the cost of the screen protectors:D

I think I saw some at my local radioshack but that's the only place I think I have, also if you buy from the shack they garuntee it for a year, even if you get a new phone they will exchange it for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
did you find the sedio one at radio shak?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think I saw some at my local radioshack but that's the only place I think I have, also if you buy from the shack they garuntee it for a year, even if you get a new phone they will exchange it for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Radioshack didn't cross my mind now that I think about it. I don't go retail stores that much anymore, if I do it's usually Fry's or Target. Amazon ftw:hail:

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
anyone tried the invisishield?

Droid592

Reaction score
and I just ordered the active seidio case, even though I do have the extended battery I've heard that with the original back it will work. Hopefully that's true because I really don't want to use my phone without the back, I would go back to the stock battery before doing that .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
whats the diff b/t the active and the surface? How does the zagg feel? the one for my d1 is a little tacky, and it was recently replaced

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Zagg is tacky and orange peel.

Active is different design than surface. Just check the photos out on their site.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was never a fan of Zagg. Had it on my phone for a week before I ripped it off. It had an orange peel effect, my finger would get caught, and the corners would peel off a little bit. I've ran into none of these problems with my sgp protector and neither have my friends/family with any other SGP protectors I recommended.

Droid592

Reaction score
whats the diff b/t the active and the surface? How does the zagg feel? the one for my d1 is a little tacky, and it was recently replaced

To be completely honest I have no idea but have always used active ones on my devices, same with the zagg I think its amazing and have only used this on my devices also. The feel is good and I can't compare it to the glass feel because right out of the box I applied it.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
Im just bad at putting them on...

Droid592

Reaction score
Every one that complains about orange peel affect IMO is way to picky because its not like you can see it 24/7 or when using the device the only time I notice the orange peel is when holding it to the light really not something to cry about

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
it looks like the active is more protective at a slightly thicker cost?

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
Every one that complains about orange peel affect IMO is way to picky because its not like you can see it 24/7 or when using the device the only time I notice the orange peel is when holding it to the light really not something to cry about

I can live with orangepeel, and they last for years, but i was hoping they got smoother... they did from the time I got my first one and my replacement

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't think we're too picky, it's just something you have to live with if you go with a wet application screen protector. It's not like it's just Zagg that has the problem, all wet application protectors have orange peel, especially when the device is turned off you can see it in the light.

A lot of people looking for advice here have never used any protector, so it's wise to tell them what they'll encounter with their decision. I choose dry application protectors because they retain the glass like feel and don't have an orange peel affect.