Case and Screen protection recommendations

BCrawford

Reaction score
+1 on no screen protector. I don't know why, but I can't stand them. Never had any need for one on the original droid, and I can't justify putting one on the beautiful GN screen.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I've used Zag screen protectors before, and it's best look/feel is on my Xoom; I can hardly tell it's there (very glossy, though it does collect grime a lot).

I went with the Verizon screen protectors (not anti glare) and am very happy with it so far. The guy who put it on did a great job and I forget it's there.

I got the extended battery so getting a case perplexed me. I wound up buying the Incipio case at vzw because it fit ok with only a slight bulge between the gel and hard back. I thought I would just use this for a while until I found something better.

I really like Seidio cases and if I find one that fire with the extended battery I would switch to that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hydro556

Reaction score
I currently have a very nice screen protector, but I am thinking this glass is about bullet proof and am thinking of removing it just to get the pure experience of this gorgeous screen.

The glass on this phone has the same "sheen" when viewed from an angle as Gorilla glass has and I am thinking it is likely a copy of or an improvement upon Gorilla glass. All the "tests" I have seen indicate it is as scratch resistant as GG.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
Crap! the ebay seller ran out of cases. anyone else have any ideas? id order from siedio but they charge tax and shipping...online...odd

RacingManiac

Reaction score
I had a anti-glare thing when I got my GN in store. It makes the screen look really pixelated and grainy so I ended up ripping it off. Got iShieldz over the break. I had the VZW clear film before on my OG and didn't have much issue with it, before that I had the zagg/invisibleshield on my LG Voyager and that worked well too. iShield seems to be the same stuff(helicopter tape, as I called it, we used to put those on the sidepods of race cars to protect them from stone chips on race track), and seems to work ok so far on GN...

No case yet. Had a aluminum case for the droid mainly because I wasn't too confident in the sliding mechanism lasting, this phone being bigger I am not sure I want to make it even bigger....though I am not liking the plastic chassis...

orion2001

Reaction score
I'm not tarnishing my screen with any screen protector. I have insurance if the worst happens...and I'd rather pay the $100 deductible if I break the screen, and instead enjoy the awesome screen. I love the oleophobic coating on the GN screen. I never have any smudges on it, and the difference between my untreated iPad screen and the GN is very easy to see.

I will however be getting a new case (waiting for Rev 3 of the Diztronic case...which is supposed to have a cut-out for the volume rocker). The GN plastic is way to slippery and I've already had the phone slip out of my hands a couple of times (no harm done to the phone yet). Besides, I'm hoping that a case will make it easier to hold...the naked GN is a bit awkward and difficult to hold in one hand.

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
yea, im having trouble finding anything but silicone...

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
thread bump, still need a case before a month from now...

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
for me it would be the ngp or sylcrylic... which have you had?

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Could not find the page you were looking for, iPhone Cases | iPad Cases | iPod Cases | BlackBerry Cases | MacBook Cases | Smartphone Cases | Zune Cases at Incipioo that doesn't work with GN with extended batt?