CarDock app turning on when phones locked?

AlexSB

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, and I noticed this problem soon after I purchased and started using a leather carrying pouch (I used to us a snap on hard cover case and just stuck it in my pocket). I always make sure to lock my phone before putting it back in the pouch and I have a visible pattern unlock as well, but now when I take my phone off I find that the CarDock app is launched! After I hit back/home, it goes right back to the unlock screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
It may be a magnet that is starting the app. Does the case have one?

Sent from Droid2

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I believe these phones use magnets to start the car dock, my best guess would be that your case is aftermarket and suppose they don't take into account how these phones work and how these apps are triggered.

Sent from Droid2

tdowning6

Reaction score
Yes it is your case. I went through a few and finally found one that the leather is extra thick so it doesn't effect the magnet on your Droid. Case Logic makes them. I got mine at Target for $20. They are probably at Walmart also. Go there and check them out, slide your phone in and out of them before you buy one.
Tom

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also DockBlocker will allow you to disable the CarDock app while your phone is not plugged in.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Wow I wouldved never imagined it was the case I wouldved still went crazy trying to figure out what it was. Thanx ill look into Case Logic products because I really do prefer the pouch over my pockets. I'm actually looking into DockBlocker right now thank you!

scoder

Reaction score
Wow I wouldved never imagined it was the case I wouldved still went crazy trying to figure out what it was. Thanx ill look into Case Logic products because I really do prefer the pouch over my pockets. I'm actually looking into DockBlocker right now thank you!

It's in the manual a few times buddy . I'm also surprised no one at VZW advised you not to purchase a case with a magnet.

cherylsigns99

Reaction score
change contacts in car dock

does anyone know how to change the contacts you have in your cardock? I cant seem to find a answer

Cheryl

Big Fate

Reaction score
This no longer works due to Froyo. I just emailed asking for an update

Big Fate

Reaction score
Best thing I'm finding to do is just swapping out your leather case for the one designed for the phone. Thicker leather which blocks the magnet

aack

Reaction score
Anyone else think that a big magnet overriding all locks and passwords is a bug? Anyone know where to send fix requests?

orbea

Reaction score
I do not consider CarDock to be a legitimate application. It is borderline virus code. I use a GPS application for cycling and for awhile CarDock would randomly turn on and effectively stop the GPS application from running. This is mainly due to the whole magnetic sensor in the Droid 2 phone. The sensor picks up on just about anything from a magnet sitting close to the phone to a iron enriched mouse fart which in turn loads CarDock.

I would not mind having this application pre-loaded on my phone if it was something that I could just turn completely off through the settings. The fact that you have to download another app to stop this from loading or root to the phone to kill it is bad.

MyXsux

Reaction score

It's in the manual a few times buddy . I'm also surprised no one at VZW advised you not to purchase a case with a magnet.

This is nuts! I'm really upset with Verizon right now because #1 there was no manual provided with my Droid X that I purchased one month ago to advise about this. #2 I purchased this case with the magnet closure at the Verizon store at the same time I purchased my phone. #3 I ended up having the phone replaced last week after bringing it back to the Verizon store where I purchased it because of this problem and was sent a factory refurbished one as a replacement #4 The Verizon store basically said "Oh well" when I complained about the refurbished phone while they activated it for me so I didn't fight it. #5 Within an hour after receiving the replacement phone, the car dock app started popping up again.
NO ONE in my local authorized Verizon retailer is apparently aware that these magnetic cases are the culprit to the problems, now- 7 months after this thread began. Ugghh!! I'm going back there now to try to resolve this. Wish me luck and thank you for sharing this info with the rest of us.