CarDock pops up when I unlock

DuctTapeAvenger

Reaction score
Sometimes when I unlock my phone, the CarDock app that came with the phone pops up automatically. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably happens once or twice a day. I've never actually used CarDock. I've got a Droid X and am running Launcher Pro. Any thoughts on why it's doing this?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Do you use a case that has a magnet clasp on it? If so, this is more than likely the cause of your problem...the magnet is activating the Car Dock mode on the phone...

OP
D

DuctTapeAvenger

Reaction score
Do you use a case that has a magnet clasp on it? If so, this is more than likely the cause of your problem...the magnet is activating the Car Dock mode on the phone...

Yup, I do. And come to think of it, this started just after I got the case. Is there a way to disable or turn off this feature? I see a Dock Blocker app in the market, but I'm loathe to try a paid app with such poor reviews.

MyXsux

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

A big thank you goes out to the person who posted about the magnetic phone holder (Purchased directly through Verizon by the way) being the reason that the stupid "Car Dock" application keeps popping up. It has also caused my X to shut down completely and reboot out of the blue. I have been battling with this problem ever since I bought my X one month ago and even took it back to the Verizon store where I purchased it and they ordered me a replacement one, which I received by FedEx a few days later. I was mad when I opened the box and found out that the replacement phone had the sticker on it saying it was a "Like New" refurbished phone since I bought my original one only 3 weeks earlier... brand new. I took it to the Verizon store after getting it and they told me that I get what I get and that's the way it goes. Then they activated phone number 2 for me and I left. (placing my new droid X in the leather case with the magnetic closure on the front). Within minutes, the whole 'CarDock' application popping up thing started all over again! Ugghh!!! All of this has been a major pain in the butt for me and no one, until now, has had any answers for me so I appreciate VERY MUCH that you've shared this with me. Now, I'm going to go back to the Verizon store and hopefully I can convince them that this is the problem and get a replacement holder for my phone.
Thanks again!
Jeanne in CA

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Sorry the VZW reps were no help...and sorry you got rid of a new phone all because of a $20 case. About the only way to stop this is to swap to a case that doesnt use magnets...

MyXsux

Reaction score
Thank you

Thanks BodyBagz. On my way to the (Authorized) Verizon Store where I purchased the phone, carrying case, etc.- whose manager had been helping me (if you can call it 'help') since the problem began, I called Tech Support at Verizon to let them know what was going on. I figured that somehow my local dealer must've missed the memo about these cases since they were actively selling them with a new phone purchase. The Verizon rep whom I spoke with said that there is nothing on their end notifying them of this problem and before they could take any action, they'd need to have Motorola confirm that these magnetic cases are problematic and incompatible with their Android phones. WTF??
Ok... whatever... I thought to myself and went into the store and spoke to the manager. Before I could even complete my sentence describing what I had learned on here, he interrupted and said nonchalantly,
"Oh... because of the magnets, huh?"
Un-freakin-believable...:icon_ nono2:
Evidently, this wasn't a news-flash to him, yet he had been selling these cases to customers and even played dumb to whatever could've been causing the problems with my original phone when I first approached them about it? Offering no apology or any kind of perk/discount/whatever to compensate me for my on-going headaches, he pawned me off to a customer service rep. (who was unaware of the problem with the magnets and was actually very nice and sympathetic to my situation).
I'm not one of those types of folks who are impossible to please and have unrealistic expectations about the service industry. Most of the time, I don't pitch a fit over mistakes but this whole thing has been a real pain in the butt and I'm going to write a letter to the powers that be at Verizon and make a CC for Motorola about this one. Ugh!
Thanks for listening to me vent everybody. ha, ha.
EDIT: I traded out the case for a heavy duty silicone cover.

Last edited: