Help getting X back to unrooted config

jam90990

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not a phone hacker and I don't have any experience rooting phones. But I did get a Droid X along with my coworkers and one suggested I root it for fun. But after I used the "one click rooting" with the rootmyx2.exe I was successful and just renamed the cardock app to see if it would work. After that I haven't done anything else to the X. Now I'm not able to get the latest OS update ver2.3.340.en.us. I don't think I'm rooted anymore because sometime in the past 6 months I had to reset the X back to factory defaults. I've tried reading up on all the info for rooting and unrooting but I'm just not interested in having it be a hobby. Can anyone give me any tips what I might do to either get the X back to being unrooted, or how to root it easily so I can rename the cardock app to the correct name so I can get the latest OS updates? The rootmyx2.exe doesn't work anymore for me. It detects the X but it never works. It just locks up. Thanks.

ps - all the technical terms of rooting is way over my head, I have no idea what people are talking about when they give step by step instructions on how to root or unroot.

OP
J

jam90990

Reaction score
thanks I appreciate it, but I ended up finding the Z4Root tool that actually worked with very clear and easy instructions. I got the X rooted and then I remembered how to rename the cardock app back to normal. I was then able to get the latest OS update. But now I need help on how to unroot the phone since I'm really not into the whole rooting a phone process. Any help?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
thanks I appreciate it, but I ended up finding the Z4Root tool that actually worked with very clear and easy instructions. I got the X rooted and then I remembered how to rename the cardock app back to normal. I was then able to get the latest OS update. But now I need help on how to unroot the phone since I'm really not into the whole rooting a phone process. Any help?

If you were able to take the OTA it will have taken root off of your phone