Cardio Trainer App and Cycling

rroof

Reaction score
Wanted to make sure everyone saw this (so not in the Apps folder).

For the cyclists out there: the Droid is about the same size as the Garmin 705. Bought a spare holster, took off the clip, drilled 4 holes, zip ties (on/off type) on the stem, it is a rolling map! Awesome!

There is an ap called Cardio Trainer that has googlemaps running as you go, on the right is your speed, distance, calories, etc. Left has GPS signal strength with running time on the bottom. Shows your route after and can upload to website. Will play music from whatever list you want in the background and has voice prompts if you want as well. Unbelievable that this app is FREE. Wow.

texasPI

Reaction score
Wanted to make sure everyone saw this (so not in the Apps folder).

For the cyclists out there: the Droid is about the same size as the Garmin 705. Bought a spare holster, took off the clip, drilled 4 holes, zip ties (on/off type) on the stem, it is a rolling map! Awesome!

There is an ap called Cardio Trainer that has googlemaps running as you go, on the right is your speed, distance, calories, etc. Left has GPS signal strength with running time on the bottom. Shows your route after and can upload to website. Will play music from whatever list you want in the background and has voice prompts if you want as well. Unbelievable that this app is FREE. Wow.

Cool idea! Not a big cyclist per se but I ride to keep in shape. I ride Trek hybrid so im not a true roadie!

OP
R

rroof

Reaction score
No problem - I ride about 8,000 miles/year and race all (road, cyclocross, time trial, stage/omnium, crits, etc.). Now, if this phone would work with Garmin's Ant+ protocol and could display Power from my powertap ... ;)