Car mount?

EntityZero

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent / cheap car mount (really don't want to drop $50 unless its a necessity) that fits with the Droid X Shell / Holster Combo that Verizon sells. I want one where I don't have to take the case off of the actual phone (which obviously, I'd be taking the holster off :p) everytime I get into my car.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, do not want a vent style clip nor do I want one that will cover up my power outlet.

Any suggestions?

techguru

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent / cheap car mount (really don't want to drop $50 unless its a necessity) that fits with the Droid X Shell / Holster Combo that Verizon sells. I want one where I don't have to take the case off of the actual phone (which obviously, I'd be taking the holster off :p) everytime I get into my car.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, do not want a vent style clip nor do I want one that will cover up my power outlet.

Any suggestions?

I use a Bracketron. They have many mounting options, and the universal holder is very adjustable (worked on my HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Omnia II, Droid, Incredible, and Droid X (don't ask....).

Many local electronics stores carry at least some of the mounts (Best Buy, Micro Center, even Target0 if you don't want to buy online.

Alan

OP
E

EntityZero

Reaction score

Any suggestions?

I use a Bracketron. They have many mounting options, and the universal holder is very adjustable (worked on my HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Omnia II, Droid, Incredible, and Droid X (don't ask....).

Many local electronics stores carry at least some of the mounts (Best Buy, Micro Center, even Target0 if you don't want to buy online.

Alan

I think I like this one from that Bracketron site. I'm going to check out Best Buy later and see if they have anything similar to that.

Kandiru

Reaction score
I suspect I will end up with a hybrid system, cannibalizing a Moto OEM car mount, mating it with this babe, had
one in my old car and loved it:

ARKON SR088-TS-1

51zNnR9EM6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It bolts straight into the front left passenger seat bolt.

JB Weld of course is the adhesive of choice for brutes:)

Last edited:
OP
E

EntityZero

Reaction score
Ho about horizontal positioning, while still looking decent, and some cable management.

I suspect i will end up cannibalizing a Moto OEM car mount, removing the fugly suction cup and an arm with built-in cable conduit.

Well that's what I want. I don't really like vertical mounts but the one I posted can rotate so that's why I was considering it. I've actually considering making something myself but I rather just have it look all neat :p

Kandiru

Reaction score
Oops, found cheaper horizontal holder to mate with the Arkon:

Mobi 70072 $15 Amazon:

41aeHhMO7EL._SL110_.jpg

Just cut off vent mount, JB Weld it to the Arkon, nice cable
management job with electric tape:)

And BTW i ended up ordering the Arkon Sirius mount, combined
price with ship from Amazon well rated merchants $34, good deal,
if you don't consider the elbow work to follow, but i luv tinkering.

Last edited:

Kandiru

Reaction score
Nice thing about the above is that my Amzer Snap-On Limited Edition Skin can fit. It looks
fabulous but no OEM car or home docks for
users of this accessory :( I still would not part
with it, esp that it allows easy sliding in and out
of the belt pouches, as opposed to the sticky rubberized ones.