Car Dock

cplum

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the screen stay on while using the car dock (other than making it stay on all of the time regardless of location)? If I have my phone docked the speaker phone works well according to the people I am talking to, but I cannot hang up the call when the call is complete unless I hit the power button on the top (on left side when docked in landscape), which is hard becasue it is right next to one of the clips on the dock.

yearn

Reaction score
does the call not end as soon as the other person hangs up?
Also, I think while using the car mount, the idea is to have it plugged into the charger, and while its charging the phone does not sleep

OP
C

cplum

Reaction score
I guess the call might end if I wait long enough. Every time I hit the power button it is still connected and I hang it up. It is just kind of a pain. Also I have to hit the power button to place a call. I do not have a a charger for it yet, but I have it on the left side of my stering wheel so that it does not block my view and it is close to touch. I am going to try to find a way to run a wire acroos where it looks good. I just have not done that yet.

Also do you know if the screen is suppose to adjust to landscape for calls? When in the dock in landscape the call screen does not rotate.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
well got the car mount today but it doesn't come with the rapid car charger as the Moto site says. Called Verizon and they said i can go pick the charger up at the store. When I got to the store they said that I could buy one ther and that in fact does not come with the rapid car charger. They said that it has been taken out and that only Verizon car charger is eligible for warranty. The rep told me that if Motos car charger screws up my phone than the warranty would be void. I have to use Verizon Branded Car charger for warranty to apply. What a bunch of Crock!

On a positive note the car mount is awesome and works well for navigation and making calls with speaker. Love this Droid and Dock.

OP
C

cplum

Reaction score
Did you buy there charger. If not I doubt they would ever know that is was a non Verizon cord that messed up you phone if something happened. Also most warranties for the first year are manufacturer's warranties with Verizon. I have not check on that for the Droid. If that is the case I am sure moto would warranty thier charger. I also was expecting a charger with my dock. I ordered mine 11/6 when I got the phone. They were out in the store. The rep who sold me mine told me it came with the charger. So I was bummed when it didn't. But know big deal. i love my Droid and both of the docks. I will fork it over for a charger.

OP
C

cplum

Reaction score
Correction. "... no big deal..." Excuse my butchering of the English language.

Queers4Gears

Reaction score
my car has integrated blue tooth, works perfectly, all contacts transfered to the car.... the DOCK is only a holder? correct.... will the magnets in the holder put the some in some mode that would cause conflict with the bluetooth connection?

heem

Reaction score
Grumble.. ordered my Dock before reading this thread that it doesnt actually come with the charger that Motorola claims it comes with.

will.anaya

Reaction score
queers4gears:

the dock also has magnets in it that will automatically put the droid in the "car home" app. i guess in your situation you just need a regular car dock.

you could also get the rocket fish car charger, if you dont mind the threat by verizon about the warranty. worked fine for my env3 and now droid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
still gotta pick up this car dock. the gps on this phone is amazing.

volando

Reaction score
The verizon policy of "our chargers only" is ridiculous and simply there to overcharge you for the same cheap junk you get from monoprice for a buck... I would suggest just buying the most generical car->usb charger, they're highly unlikely to break the phone... and if they do, there's no need to tell Verizon it was the device, just say "it broke on its own"...

Call also not going into landscape mode...

Also, the dock is covering up the speaker, i think i'm gonna cut a hole in it!

Anyone know if there is an option/app to brightness where if usb is plugged in, it goes to 100% but if it's not plugged in it would stay at auto (or whatever level you want, like 50%)?

Badguy1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can disable the car dock app so when you do put it in a holster with a magnet it wont turn on. I bought a really good quality Eddie Bauer holster at best buy and would hate to give it up. I changed the screen time out 30 sec and it seems to be shutting off but I would rather be able to just disable the feature.

volando

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can disable the car dock app so when you do put it in a holster with a magnet it wont turn on. I bought a really good quality Eddie Bauer holster at best buy and would hate to give it up. I changed the screen time out 30 sec and it seems to be shutting off but I would rather be able to just disable the feature.

its not just any magnet that turns it on, it has to be two separate magnets a specific distance from each other, so you should be ok