Car Dock Question??

Skizz135

Reaction score
Hey all,

If I'm thinking about getting a car dock, do I need a separate car charger as well? Or does the car dock work with that? Also can you access other areas of the phone when mounted to the car dock? Or just strictly car mode?

slammin86

Reaction score
Hey all,

If I'm thinking about getting a car dock, do I need a separate car charger as well? Or does the car dock work with that? Also can you access other areas of the phone when mounted to the car dock? Or just strictly car mode?

The motorola one from verizon requires a cord. Yes you can get into other modes.

cchotz

Reaction score
I love my car dock because it gives me someplace to place the phone while driving. Also makes it nice while in navigation.

Complaints - When making a voice activated call I still have to touch the screen for speaker. Not automatic.

Also, when I voice activate navigation, I still have to touch the screen about three times before it gets to the navigation screen. Short sited of them not to make everything in car mode automated.

While you can get out of car mode and use any feature of the phone while it is in the dock, why? Not easy when driving. If anything, just take it out of the dock while driving if you want to use other features. And in California that ='s a ticket.

But I still like it as it's just a place to place it while already in navigation mode. Hopefully they fix the other complaints in future upgrades.