Car bluetooth activates but no address book

DonnaC

Reaction score
I've got a new Droid X and it pairs no problem with the car bluetooth, but address book is not syncing. It's a mercedes. any ideas?
thanks
:icon_eek:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some BT systems sync the address book on pairing. Some need you to transfer contacts after pairing. It really depends on the BT system. Have you searched to see if anyone else has a Mercedes and experience with its BT?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Donna, I'm having a similar issue. Though I don't have a Mercedes...the stereo in my car is a Kenwood unit I installed about a year ago. My Dare's phone book synced to the stereo just fine, but my Droid X doesn't. I started a thread in the Droid X section:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/60928-bluetooth-connection.html

Only response I've gotten is that it looks like the Droid X doesn't have the phone book sync capability. :( That would suck, and I hope that would get fixed somehow.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Okay, so from the other thread I posted above, what you'll have to do the next time you're in the car is have your phone out. When the two sync with each other, watch your phone...right at the top it should say "Phone Book Access Request." Hit that notification, select Allow and your address book should sync to the head unit. I just did it with mine and it works. Thanks to tdawg5480 for this tip!

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Tried it

Tried the tip above and never got the notification. Bluetooth just turned from idle to full blue in the notification area. Any other tips? MB Phone System

BasicTek

Reaction score
I wasn't getting a synch message either but kept messing with the phone, deleted it from my car and re-added, finally I was testing the voice commands on my phone and they were working, then after doing that the synch command came and now my car is synched with my phone (or at least partially synched we'll see...)

32TUBB

Reaction score
I'm running the Samsung Captivate and had the same problem on my brand new Hyundai Elantra. I went to the "market", looked under free apps looking for "phonebook access, blue tooth profile". I ended up downloading an app thet left an icon that reads "Bluetooth File Transfer". Now everything works the way it should.

One thing interesting I discovered about half way through my searching...on the veast majprity of systems, the conrtacts aren't saved in the car's system but downloaded from the phone each time the car is turned on.

How this helps!

Diggs59

Reaction score
I wasn't getting a synch message either but kept messing with the phone, deleted it from my car and re-added, finally I was testing the voice commands on my phone and they were working, then after doing that the synch command came and now my car is synched with my phone (or at least partially synched we'll see...)

I was having the same issue. Thank you for the information. It works flawlessly now.dancedroid

ShockinDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note II
Some BT systems sync the address book on pairing. Some need you to transfer contacts after pairing. It really depends on the BT system. Have you searched to see if anyone else has a Mercedes and experience with its BT?
Same problem. Also Mercedes. Dealer says he has seen it before. No solution!