Droid synching

kris1431

Reaction score
I am trying to convince myself to buy a droid. The biggest thing that I am looking for is an address book that will sync well with the droid. I've seen other stuff that claim to sync well, but it didn't synch everything like photos, addresses and stuff like that. So can anyone please tell me if there is a good address book app I can use and where to get it?

Thanx,
Kris

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you mention address book, I'm guessing you have a Mac. I have a rooted Droid and it works very well with my Mac Book Pro.

Mike

OP
K

kris1431

Reaction score
Actually I am Windows 7. Should I have said "Contact list" instead? I hate MS Outlook and was hoping there would be something better that works? Like a contact list with photos that will sync well.

Sorry. I'm a newbie and apologize for any stupid questions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are not "stupid" questions on this forum. We all learn.
I use Exchange but I migrated all of my contacts to Gmail. Then, I created a folder on my SD card named "contact photos" imported the photo and added to the contact.

Hope this is helpful.
Mike

OP
K

kris1431

Reaction score
OK. So I will be able to use these contacts on my droid to call or email people? Isn't the gmail contact list seperate from the contact list on the phone? Or when I press contacts, the gmail list will come up? Do you understand what I mean? I want to be able to sync my contacts between computer and droid so I can just add them on my computer and sync them to my phone. Can I do this with exchange?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is how I'm configured.

My PSU email is Exchange and I use the corporate email app to read and reply. Initially, I have all (several hundred) contacts in Exchange. When I added my account info into the corporate email app all of my contacts automatically populated my phone.

For Gmail I use K9. Initially, had a few contacts in Gmail. When I activated my phone they automatically populated my phone.

Since some contacts were in both (Gmail and Exchange) I had duplicates. I migrated all of my Exchange contacts to Gmail. I have a Droid so I tap contacts, tap menu, tap display options, tap contacts to display. I can select either.

Here are two links that may help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/54980-sync-outlook.html#post586937

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pending-submissions-questions/35728-outlook.html#post518147

Mike