Caps Lock button on keyboard not doing anythin

droidbound

Reaction score
Does anybody else have this problem? The caps lock button is not doing anything. To get lock caps I can hit the shift button twice, but what's the deal with the caps lock? What am I missing here?

4everwadez

Reaction score
I came in here looking for info on the same issue, just got droid 4 yesterday and noticed cap locks key is useless. any other info?

Thanks & Have a great day all!

chefboyardee

Reaction score
I saw another person on another site's forum (can't find the thread right now) with this problem and they returned their phone and that fixed it. Possibly just a problem with that button's hardware?

My caps lock button works as it's supposed to, for what it's worth :)

OP
droidbound

droidbound

Reaction score
Well I solved my own problem. I was standing in line at Best Buy already when inspiration hit me. I am using SwiftKey as a replacement for the stock keyboard. Disabling that GAVE ME THE CAPS LOCK BACK.
But I think I'd rather live without caps lock than without SwiftKey :)
Since you get caps lock by hitting shift twice I still think it's a sad waste of real estate to have a caps lock button in the first place.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Since you get caps lock by hitting shift twice I still think it's a sad waste of real estate to have a caps lock button in the first place.

Gotta agree with that. I do use the caps key now that I have it but never lusted for one with my D1. I was so used to the double shift press that I would much rather see a physical @ key or get my Alt key back!

4everwadez

Reaction score
I wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for your post. I was using swiftkey also, which I LOVE! and was on my way to the verizon store when I pulled over, deactivated swiftkey & it worked. I was soooo thankful! you saved me so much headache. I've been meaning to come back in here and note this sooner. So, yes, I have a wasted key because like you I am still using swiftkey.

by the way, why is there an OK key on the right? I'd rather have had a right side shift key! who uses that! lol oh well, guess they can't taylor it to my needs right?

Have a great day!

Well I solved my own problem. I was standing in line at Best Buy already when inspiration hit me. I am using SwiftKey as a replacement for the stock keyboard. Disabling that GAVE ME THE CAPS LOCK BACK.
But I think I'd rather live without caps lock than without SwiftKey :)

OP
droidbound

droidbound

Reaction score
I wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for your post. I was using swiftkey also, which I LOVE! and was on my way to the verizon store when I pulled over, deactivated swiftkey & it worked. I was soooo thankful! you saved me so much headache. I've been meaning to come back in here and note this sooner. So, yes, I have a wasted key because like you I am still using swiftkey.

by the way, why is there an OK key on the right? I'd rather have had a right side shift key! who uses that! lol oh well, guess they can't taylor it to my needs right?

Have a great day!

Hey! Anytime! Thanks for the warm fuzzy feeling I got reading your post.
But that's what the forum is all about, isn't it: sharing.
I got so much great advice, ideas and tips here - I'm happy to be able to return a tiny bit of that.

Dracmus

Reaction score
WOW, I almost had myself convinced I needed to return my phone until I came to this forum and read this!!!! Thanks for the insight!