Can't use sd card as internal storage

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 2nd Generation
I'm new to these forums, but I have a problem.
I have a moto G 2nd generation with low storage, so wanted to increase its storage. I purchased an sd card but whenever I start formatting it, it usually stops midformat. the notification says "Reinsert SD card". Sometimes it does finish formatting but even then it only started that way for ten seconds before it says "Reinsert SD card". It never does this for portable storage, only internal.
Please send help, I'm frustrated and upset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160604-071818.png
    Screenshot_20160604-071818.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 225

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Is it a new card or one that you had around?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Unfortunately to me it sounds like the card is either damaged or not compatible with your phone. Do you have any other card you'd be able to test or an old phone you could test that card with.

Sent from my Note 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree about the compatibility. SD cards from reputable manufacturers, and with both fast data transmission speeds and large storage capability can be had for very little money these days. Here are three really great offers from Amazon for large cards with supercharged data speeds.

5d679d762d93b948d5a9ed6288cd335f.jpg

Samsung EVO 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card with Adapter (MB-MP32DA/AM) Amazon.com: Samsung EVO 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card with Adapter (MB-MP32DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA) Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s (MB-MP64DA/AM) Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s (MB-MP64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

And for the really budget conscious there's a 16GB card from Kingston;

Kingston Digital 16 GB Class 4 microSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter (SDC4/16GBET) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DYQYLQQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_PZDvxb5DHCPHJ

...although for the price I would go for larger and faster if it's within your budget. The Samsung EVO 32GB is less than twice the price but is far more than twice the value at twice the storage and better than ten times the data speeds (up to 48 Mb/S versus only 4 Mb/S for the Kingston), IMHO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bryant12

Reaction score
it was compatibility problem or it was damaged . choose another SD to test for the compatibility problem . or insert to a new phone to test . if get the same error. maybe it was damaged . you need to try to repair. :)