Can't update to 2.3.34 OTA

Ewiggin

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first time messing with a phone, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I just SBF flashed my Droid X because I was stuck at the 30.04 bootloader. The phone now says that it's version 2.3.320. I want to update is to .340 so that I can install the Rubix Focused ROM and have a working camera. The system hasn't been modified since flashing the SBF (except for Google restoring a few of my application), but when I try to do a system update it tells me that no updates are available. What should I do?

By the way, I got the SBF from here: Droid X: 2.3.32 Full SBF

Thanks a bunch!

maderschramm

Reaction score
he's right; however, I've compiled them all for ease of use.

check out the last link in my signature

Litz

Reaction score
My phone also wants to do the 2.3.340.en.us OTA update. I'm rooted on 2.2 currently, do I need to unroot to upgrade? It's getting annoying having to press "remind me in 12 hours"

en28so

Reaction score
My phone also wants to do the 2.3.340.en.us OTA update. I'm rooted on 2.2 currently, do I need to unroot to upgrade? It's getting annoying having to press "remind me in 12 hours"

Yes, unroot first, then reroot after the upgrade. That's what I did under the advice from the forums here. If you don't, I've been told that the update unroots your phone, and when you want to retoot with one click methods(like I did), you won't be able to.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yes, unroot first, then reroot after the upgrade. That's what I did under the advice from the forums here. If you don't, I've been told that the update unroots your phone, and when you want to retoot with one click methods(like I did), you won't be able to.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

i updated though i was rooted (i rooted before i knew about the z4root, however, so i used one-click root tool for windows) and was then unrooted. i found z4root, ran it, and everything was good to go. just my experience, but probably safer manually unrooting first.