cant unlock my droid HELP!!

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
So lasst night I was in a hotel with friends and one of them tried to get into my phone while the screen lock was on and now its locked up and my email won't work to unlock it either.

I know there was a thread a while back about this and the fix but I can't find it.

Can anyone give me a link or help me out? I'm lost without my droid I'm using a bb curve to poste this and can't stand it! Lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So lasst night I was in a hotel with friends and one of them tried to get into my phone while the screen lock was on and now its locked up and my email won't work to unlock it either.

I know there was a thread a while back about this and the fix but I can't find it.

Can anyone give me a link or help me out? I'm lost without my droid I'm using a bb curve to poste this and can't stand it! Lol
Did you or your friend change the pattern? If not it's going to be very difficult to get it to unlock at this point. Did you try the old BB pull the battery trick?

OP
D

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
No we did not change the pattern and as I undestand he was just trying it a lot trying to get ity to be qwuiet and it went into lock mode. I tried the batterypull also but didn't do anything

baniels

Reaction score
I did that some time ago. Email recovery didn't work. Ended up doing a wipe/restore to get back in.

baniels

Reaction score
Power off, hold X when powering on until the triangle appears. Then press camera button and volume up button together. Then you can choose the wipe/reset.

You will lose everything except the contents of your SD card.

I would do some searching around before resorting to this, as there may be solutions available that were not when this happened to me.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
That's weird. I know if you try it too many times it will lock it for like 30 seconds but indefinitely seems strange. So it doesn't display the 'Forgot your pattern?' button? If it does you can just type in your Google account info for verification. Yeah I seriously doubt these devices are built to lock you out completely to where you have to wipe the phone, it's not a Blackberry. Take it to a Verizon store if you can't find a solution here or from Google.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the phone rooted? If so and you have a computer/laptop you can connect via adb shell and clear/reset the pattern. Otherwise you'll SOL and a data-wipe is the only way. Do a Google search, there are several sites with various work-arounds.