Can't transfer videos to computer

helter

Reaction score
When I first got the Droid I did a test with a few videos and transferred them to my computer following the instructions. No problems. Just got back from Disney World after taking a bunch of videos and it won't let me transfer to my computer. While in Gallery after clicking on "Mount" the screen says "No media found". All these videos and photos are viewable on the phone but once connected by the USB cable to the computer and following the transfer instructions nothing is there.

I spoke with tech support at Motorola and they couldn't figure it out.

Any ideas?

BigTex71

Reaction score
You could pull the card and try to read it on a card reader hooked to the computer.

Or power cycle the Droid and try mounting the card again.

OP
H

helter

Reaction score
Or power cycle the Droid and try mounting the card again.

How do you power cycle the Droid?
and when you say "try mounting the card again" do you mean physically removing the card. What are the steps to do this?

Sorry this is my first smart phone still learning:confused:

mjs31

Reaction score
When I first got the Droid I did a test with a few videos and transferred them to my computer following the instructions. No problems. Just got back from Disney World after taking a bunch of videos and it won't let me transfer to my computer. While in Gallery after clicking on "Mount" the screen says "No media found". All these videos and photos are viewable on the phone but once connected by the USB cable to the computer and following the transfer instructions nothing is there.

I spoke with tech support at Motorola and they couldn't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Confused. You hook your phone up to the computer, go to the drop down notification bar and select mount. Now you should go to the computer and open up the droid folders. Look in DCIM and you should find them there. I should specify that both your photos and videos will be in the DCIM/camera folder. Or would typically be. The phone should work like a regular flash drive once you mount it.

eliassami5

Reaction score
how do you mount your phone

Grasp the phone firmly, plant your left foot past your left shoulder, firmly place your right foot atop a pedestal, preferably 1-2 feet high, thrust your phone to the sky with both hands whilst yelling "MMOOOOUUUNT".

DayDay

Reaction score
haha if the "mount" command doesn't work, just download a backup application from the Android Market. Then you phone will automatically sync with your computer. Easy.