Can't Send Text Messages After 2.2 Froyo Update

nessa23

Reaction score
I am trying to help my niece restore her text messaging function after 2.2 Froyo update on LG Ally. After the update, she can receive text messages fine, but she cannot send. The messaging app tries and tries to send then she gets error message cannot send. As soon as she calls the person she was trying to text, the message goes through.

This does not appear to be a widespread problem on the Ally as there don't seem to be many posts on this topice. Anyone have any suggestions? She has done a factory data reset and no help. This is very frustrating.

Need super android help here.

Thankns

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
sometimes wacky things happen after a major update like 2.2 In my experiencing, doing a factory reset fixes it most of the time. Go into Settings > Privacy or SD Card & phone storage ( I forget which) and do the reset.

First make sure all the important info is backed up, including knowing her gmail account info.

kicker8622

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. I restored my phone and it's still doing it.

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
Just as an update kicker8622, my niece also did factory reset and did not help. She took the phone back and Verizon gave her a new one with 2.2 already installed and everything works fine now. Maybe you should try exchanging?

kicker8622

Reaction score
Would they exchange it even though I rooted my phone?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

OP
N

nessa23

Reaction score
VZ probably won't exchange if they know you rooted (voids the warranty) but if you search the forums, there are ways to put your phone back to factory defaults and remove everything from your SD card so there is no trace of root.

Good luck.